Price:£12.34+ Free shipping

on 14 April 2012
Each `peg' is actually a 19.5cm steel nail, plus a sliding plastic collar with a hook and an eye, around/through which a guy rope up to 5mm diameter can be fastened. Simple, effective and good value, although probably too heavy for a rucksack. Backpackers should look for aluminium pegs.
on 5 July 2014
This is the second pack of these I've bought (for another of our tents). We regularly go camping in areas where the ground is full of flints which easily bends the pegs supplied with tents
I've regularly smashed these into the ground using a lump hammer to get through the flints and not a single one has ever bent.
To get them out, I use one of those 75p 'cheap-n-cheerful' peg extractors from the cheap shops

They come in a nice plastic case, so they are nicely kept all together too.
Nothing more to say really because I've already bought the same ones again.
on 22 November 2011
Very well made would recommend to anyone there are a top quality product, very easy to hammer and extract from the hardest ground.
on 14 December 2015
Ground pegs are very good and the screw into the soil is very handy, makes them much more sturdy for anything attached to them.The plastic pieces are also very good quality and NOT brittle so you can get them out without breaking or bending the plastic parts.

The downside for me is the case, the one I received is not the one pictured, which looks to have hinged plastic orange tabs. Mine has black plastic that part of the case that clips into place - or so it should! The case is warped at the front and fails to close properly. Not the end of the world but distance selling regulations means you should display what your selling! Still going to give these a 4 despite the box.
on 21 June 2013
For years (and I do a lot of camping) I have made do with standard pegs which you get with a tent and have problems every time trying to get them in the ground without them bending when they hit a stone in the ground. As most of my camping is in the Alps or Snowdonia, you tend to get lot of stones in the ground! With these pegs, you need a good hammer (not a rubber mallet) to knock them in but they sink into the ground quite easily and if you hit something hard just hit the peg harder with the hammer and eventually it breaks it or pushes it out of the way. A good solid 4 start rating (I don't give anything 5 stars).
on 10 January 2016
I have tried several hard ground pegs and for me these are the best. The top plastic connector is strong enough that it doesn't break or bend when pulling the peg out of the ground. Some other pegs I bought just bent or broke when pulling out of hard ground.
on 27 August 2015
Used them in the south of France and they did the job, but make sure you take a claw hammer: a standard camping mallet won't be enough to get them into hard ground and you sure as hell won't get them back out again without the claw! The plastic heads need care on extraction: trashed a few trying to get them out of the ground, but overall a solid product.
on 3 November 2015
Oh yeah - no more getting frustrated with lumpy, solid ground. These babies even go through stones in the ground! Would highly recommend, although the heads are a bit on the small side so get a decent mallet - better still - use a hammer! They are basically long nails with plastic gadgets on the end and since you're hitting the end of a nail, a hammer does perfectly.
on 28 May 2014
The pegs are strong and ideal for my requirements. After bending an awful lot of the wire type pegs trying to erect my awning on a gravel pitch, I found that, these would do the job without difficulty. A club hammer makes insertion easier.
on 16 July 2013
Was heading down to a campsite where the reviews warned of the hard ground - so bought these. And we needed them - the ground was rock solid but these were just the job. Even tho - some of these did bend, but that was when I hit the big stones and concrete around the edges of the awning pitch - but they were easily straightened. And - at the end of the break - they were easily removed.

One note however - make sure you have a steel hammer to drive them in, they'll mangle any rubber or wooden mallet used on them.

See one answered question