on 10 January 2012
I've never used a steam generator before, but having gotten through 3 normal steam irons this year I decided to splash out on this one. I'm thrilled I did. The iron is incredibly quick, it now takes around 45 seconds to iron a t-shirt and most of that is just aligning it on the board. I haven't met a crease it doesn't power through no matter how dry the fabric. It needs filling up approximately every 20 minutes, so keep a big jug handy. The flex is a reasonable length, I've never found it too short to reach parts of my board.

The removable ceramic plate is excellent as the generator itself is too big to realistically balance on the board. I keep mine on the floor under the board and just put the plate on top. The iron heats up quickly and the dials are very easy to read. The iron itself is extremely light.

The iron can also be used in an upright position as a steamer, which is handy for getting the creases out of curtains or steaming delicate silks.

I hsve scored it 4 stars rather than 5 as I do have a few little niggles. Firstly I do miss having a spray function on my iron. Secondly the steam flex does get very hot during use, I would like to see this better insulated as I would be uncomfortable using this around children in case they tried to grab the cable. My final and third issue is with the grip design. Not only do I almost always knock the dial and turn the iron down a little when I pick it up, but the ridged handle is quite uncomfortable and I've ended up with blisters if I iron too long where the outer ridge rubs on the pad of my hand. I now wear a fingerless glove which looks a little odd but does the job!

Overall a fab iron and I would thoroughly recommend it.
on 19 November 2011
FANTASTIC iron!! Over the moon with this, ironing nolonger a chore, now a pleasure. Steam power is awesome, can iron through several layers in one go so now don't have to turn clothes over, and can fold trousers together and iron both legs as one. Bedding looks brand new, steam penetrates multilayers so no battles to keep juggling, turning and refolding reams of fabric! Steam only ejected when you choose so you can iron with hot iron straitening out tucks and folds, then blast the steam when you are ready without scorching fingers. Cost alot but a worthwhile investment as ironing time cut by doing multi layers and so light and easy to use. Don't have to have tank on ironing board, can put alongside on table or chair, has removable 'hot plate' that sits on the board to return the iron to whilst in use - this works very easily, can't fault. Highly recommend
on 30 November 2010
Wow! What a difference! I've had many, many irons over the past 50 odd years - but never experianced one that's such a pleasure to use.

Maybe not the cheapest iron in the world - but an excellent time saving addition to household equipment...

I'm confident to recommended this one to everyone!

Thank you Bosch!
[ASIN:B0036QOW4K Bosch TDS2511GB Professional Steam Generator Iron]
on 21 January 2011
This was a replacement for a Morphy Richards Jet Stream which lasted a year'
This iron is Gold Star a professional finish. I have a brabantia iron board
the Bosch fits the iron stand like tailor made Highly Recommended.

Iron Lady
on 7 June 2012
Both my wife and I have been very impressed with the iron, it's incredibly efficient and fast. We tend to turn the steam dial to a much lower setting else you disappear in a cloud of steam.

I have a few gripes though;

1. Cord storage (mains) is not the best, you struggle to get the wrapped cable to stay in place when moving it.

2. The main steam/mains cable to the iron itself is not the easiest thing to store with what is a shoddy after thought clip. You will have to bend/clip it when hot otherwise its unmanageable.

3. Standing the iron between items on the removable plate results in the body of the iron heating up (when iron turned up high).

4. Standing the iron on it's heal is tricky due to the position of the cable, iron tends to fall forwards. Placing near the edge of the board helps, allowing the cable to 'hang' a bit more, but slightly dangerous.

5. When removing the water reservoir to empty at the end of the job, quite a bit of water 'pools' in the connector on the body of the unit.

Apart from that, we think it's a great addition to what is always a laborious chore!
on 11 September 2011
This lovely item has reduced my ironing with conventional iron by 3 times ; uses much less water and produces excellent results.Highly recommended for that man in the house.
Highly recommended
Malcolm
on 18 July 2013
Fantastic product, chose because it has the Which Best Buy.Would recommend. Makes ironing almost a pleasure!Slow delivery time.Worth the wait
on 3 December 2013
Makes very light work of a task I hate. Had a couple of steam generator irons now and I think this one is the best so far especially for the price. Not too noisy, very light weight considering its size. Although the water bottle is comparatively small, you don't have to refill it too often. 10 steam settings which is great. Takes about 2/3 minutes to heat up initially but that's no hassle tbh. It has a detachable heat plate but I find the base sits snuggly on my board. A bit precarious standing the iron on its end due to the steam lead (you have to stand it right on the edge of the board which is an accident waiting to happen so better to just place it back on the base).
For £80 odd ...you can't go far wrong. Very pleased. Prompt delivery.
on 14 July 2011
At first I had a bit of trouble getting used to this Steam Generator because it is more powerful than my old one. But now I am used to it and turning the steam power up and down for each job (curtains upright, silky clothing low power, linen bedding high pressure flat etc) it is fantastic to use. I never knew ironing could be so easy.
on 23 October 2011
This iron looks great and works like a dream. It really is value for money and definitely cuts ironing time. A great feature is that you do not have to buy and replace filters- there is a means of cleaning it out yourself.Hate ironing- love the iron!!