on 13 April 2013
Bought for less than half rrp in Amazon Warehouse Deal and easy to assemble and instantly usable but does rely onsunshine because of solar powered. Sturdy but quite small it is a favourite with my adopted cat.
on 3 June 2014
This is a nice little water feature I bought for my grandma she loves it its easy to install and when the sun comes out there is nice and pleasant sound of trickling water and the birds like it as well brilliant
on 28 May 2017
it working great
on 26 July 2012
This is an excellent product, It looks great in my garden and is exactly as advertised. Very easy to assemble. It does need full sun on the solar panel to work though as there is no battery back up.
11 Comment| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 January 2014
I chose this particular fountain, as I have a small area by the side of the swimming pool where it fits beautifully. Fortunately, as I live in southern Spain, the sun shines virtually every day, with very little cloud cover, so this water feature comes into its own. OK, it is slightly expensive for its size, but it looks good and the sound of little trickles of running water is very relaxing. One thing I would just like to mention is that there were no instructions included - perhaps they were left out by mistake when being packaged, who knows. To people with knowledge, it is obvious how to connect it all together, but I imagine there might be some people who would be completely at a loss as to how to assemble it and get it working. Perhaps the company (Primrose) should be made aware of this. I have given this item 5 stars, because it is a very attractive garden feature, and I am very pleased with my purchase.
on 19 August 2013
Looks nice and is lovely when it's working, however could be improved by a longer wire to the solar panel which would allow me to place the panel in full sun. Also could benefit from an on / off switch allowing power to be stored whilst I am not in the garden. As it is it gurgles on and off intermittently depending on level of light.
on 24 August 2014
I returned this item. I had a similar model for many years and it was wonderful. The new version is tacky. What's more there's a fatal flaw in that water seeps inside the walls the bowls. Not only does this make for a feeble spout (there isn't a proper spout supplied anyway) but the water trapped in the walls will sour and make a horrible smell. The time is poorly finished and doesn't look like the picture either. A complete waste of money and thank God I kept the box!
NB the sellers are lovely though Primrose is an excellent company!
on 29 September 2014
what a waste of money do not go any where near it unless of course you live in the Sahara with constant sunshine
on 15 July 2013
I really like this product. It is exactly as it is described and easy to install. The only thing I would say is that it is quite small and I find that the fountain has become a favorite with the birds as they flock around to drink from it. The top tier is quite small and it keeps getting knocked down by a pigeon that keeps coming to drink from the fountain and tries to sit on the top tier. Also the fountain runs out of water due to evaporation and the birds splashing in it and so it needs to be topped up with water on a daily basis and also needs to be cleaned daily due to the bird droppings.
on 24 July 2013
Looks great, works very well in the sun, but doesn't function when sun goes behind a cloud... so beware! That's disappointing, as would be nice if it continued to work after dusk, on warm evenings, for example... but doesn't.
Most solar powered items I've used before retain a reservoir of power.... seemingly not this. A little over priced at £89.95.