on 13 September 2015
I fractured my back just after purchasing this item so I was unable to use it as no one could advise me on whether it was safe or not to do so. However I have now used it for 3 days and have to say it is comfortable means to treat back pain. Too early to give an all singing all dancing comment but for an item so tiny I am quite amazed. Tens machines canh cause great discomfort if the strength of the treatment is misjudged, this does it for me, a relief.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 25 April 2011
Due to a fall some years ago, I managed to wrench my back and suffered for quite some time before I was back to full health. Three years ago I started to experience problems with my back on the left lower side. Problems like bending down for a little while then trying to stand up with difficulty and pain.

I had a scan done and was told that there was some wear and tear in that area but it was not considered serious enough to warrent surgery. I was prescribed pain killers, which, when the pain is really bad I have to take. I take them for 10 days and they usually do the trick.

The next problem is that the pain killers cause severe constipation, which has resulted in more tablets and haemorrhoids! (Which I have ointment for!).

This is a cycle that has been constant for the last 3 years in monthly cycles. I saw this device and even though I have always had serious doubts about some of the items that come on to the market which promises so much but usually ends up in the bin, like the first reviewer I figured that I could always send it back.

When the pain returned 7 weeks ago. I used the MicroDoctor as shown in the leaflet. Basically the treatment is to use it twice a day for 2 weeks, then leave for two weeks. If problem returns use for a further two weeks.

The pain gradually eased over the two weeks I used it, and I found in the two week break I had that there was some stiffness and a bit of an ache but no spasm pain which was the worst bit I previously suffered. So I did another two weeks and I am now a week further on, and so far pain free. So three problems resolved in one go.

I am so pleased with this machine that I am ordering replacement pads so that it is at hand for any relapse or other needs that may arise in the future.
0Comment| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 10 December 2010
One word describes this piece of kit for me "BRILLIANT". I tried to find reviews on this this before I purchased but appart from the Microdoctor official site there were none to be seen. The 90 day money back guarantee prompted me to send for one, if it does not work then send it back. I have been a runner for over 25 years covering all distances and about 4 years ago picked up a niggling knee injury that would not go away despite physio, glucosamine tablets rest and everything else I tried. I sent for the device from Amazon and received it some days later. The instructions for use and care were very straight forward, so with batteries inserted and pads attached I commenced treatment. After the first 30 minute session the pain relief was instant. I have had ten sessions since and the sypmtoms of my injury have disappeared completely. I am now back running. My wife has also had a neck injury for some months that was getting worse and after the same number of sessions appears to be completely healed. The pads that attach to the skin can be re-activated using a little water to maintain their adhesion but I understand that they need to be replaced after a while with new ones. The battery life after several hours of use does not seem to be diminishing. If this device breaks I will definitely be buying another one. It does come with a 12 month guarantee.
11 Comment| 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 11 May 2012
I bought this machine off the back of a spam email which I almost deleted. Being in constant pain with an arthritic spine in my lower back I was seriously desperate. I too looked for reviews and found the ones on Amazon as well as the MicroDoctor website. The money back guarantee made the decision easier. Having said that, the company on Amazon that I bought this from didn't offer a money back guarantee, but when I asked if they would, they did. Very impressed.

When the MicroDoctor arrived it looked cheap and nasty and immediately clouded my judgment. It looks like it has been made in a sweat shop in China, and it probably has. Someone needs to seriously look at the marketing on this product. It certainly doesn't cost anywhere near £99 charged to produce, probably nearer £5. But we are paying for the research that has gone into this product and the fact that it actually really does work makes it worth every penny and more.

I have used it for 14 days as instructed and after the first 5 days I knew it was working. My back will never be cured, it can't be, but this machine makes the difference between a miserable existance and a life. When I take the pills that the doctor gave me, they actually now help with the pain. I have also managed to cut them down to half what I was taking. I am now into the second phase of the treatment which is, do nothing for 14 days, but I feel that I may need to keep the treatment going, and if I am able to do that then I am happy.

If you are in pain then give ths a try, you have nothing to loose, it's great.
11 Comment| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 3 October 2011
This machine makes a difference between my being able to walk & noit being able to walk, when my lower bach has become a real problem. Between that, it also has a face lifting routine that has proven results. I know from using this as a beauty therapist, the effects on my clients & the effects on myself.
on 28 February 2012
Bought this as a larger, much less portable, version was used by the head physio of the Football League club I used to work for. He swore by its ability to target soft tissue and ligament injuries and was convinced it helped speed up the healing process. No arguments there, this little one seems just as effective! Usual excellent price through Amazon and receieved in lightning fast time.
on 5 April 2013
I bought this for my mother who suffers from various painful ailments including both Osteo & Rheumatoid Athritis. It has given her palpable relief from discomfort. She couldn't be without it now, and would replace it in an instant. Very very satisfied, and considering this unit is a fraction of the cost of some others, it offers superb value for money to boot.
on 23 January 2013
been using it since I purchased the product, because you cant feel anything dont really know, I am still in pain in my calf muscles from the trapped nerve in my back.so still using it twice a day. any suggestons ?
on 28 July 2012
After reading some reviews about this product I thought I'd give it a chance, I have and it doesn't work.
My own GP laughed at the 'recommendations' and advised me to save my money.

Too late for me and like many others who bought this flimsy machine when seeing the advert, we bought on the understanding that it was a 90 day trial for acceptance that it was of any use or your money back.
I emailed the company after 10 days and received a reply back saying quote ' Many people have said the same as you, where did you see the 90 day money back guarantee'?

Speaks for itself really.

Would I recommend? Absolutely no way. £99 + postage down the drain......

Buyer Beware
22 Comments| 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 26 March 2013
Excellent product, it has really helped after suffering from Tennis Elbow for a number of years. Would highly recommend it.