Price:£6.20+ Free shipping

on 26 July 2014
As others have said this product works very well when used as per the instructions. But I wanted to bring people's attention to the fact that you should take all precautions to ensure it doesn't come into contact with your skin.

I bought it to clean a very dirty BBQ which because of it's size and shape had to be done in situ. Only one glove came with the product which seemed very thin' like a surgical glove. So, I used my trusted Marigolds instead. Whilst brushing the product on to the BBQ I failed to notice I touched the treated sides with both of my inside forearms - not much, about a half inch line. I was doing this outside and it was a very warm day so was only wearing aT-shirt. After this I did some work in the garden so didn't clean up properly. About an hour later, sitting with a cuppa I felt an itch on my arms. When I looked. my left arm had very reddish bumps around the touched area but on my right arm the skin had actually been burnt completely away with bare flesh visible. I imediately cleaned up the areas and covered with plasters. That was about 10 days ago and I'm just left with a faint red mark on my left arm and a small scab on my right.

So my advice is simple, try NOT to get it on your skin but if you do wash off imediately and you should be OK. The BBQ looks like new now. Thanks for reading.
on 24 April 2010
Really blown away by this product.

I have a 3 year old oven with which I have been really, really lazy - and have only cleaned perhaps once a year using a few of the big-name products you find in supermarkets. Each clean managed to remove recent fat & splatter, and stopped the smoke/smell from previous cooking sessions (!), but I started to notice streaks of dark-brown burnt-on grease over much of the sides and bottom that nothing would shift. I could reduce it a bit with some elbow-grease and a scourer, but I was concerned that it could damage the oven surface.

This stuff shifted it all, 95% in the first go where I covered everything, and the remainder in a second, more targeted, attempt at the remaining spots. My oven now looks almost as good as new. Plenty left in the bottle for future cleans.

You have to spread the gel on using a brush while wearing gloves, but, unlike other cleaners, there are no fumes or smells. You then wipe off the brown mucky gel using a damp cloth. The muck & gel rinses easily from the cloth in warm water. We're also told it's biodegradable.

I couldn't recommend Oven Mate more highly. Everything else now seems such a con!

P.S. Extra tip: soak your oven shelf/grills in a sink full of hot water and one washing powder tablet. The brown grease comes off with minimal wiping effort. Shiny like new.
22 comments| 137 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 November 2010
A brilliant product, it has restored my oven as new.
If you have a double oven you will need two of the bottles.
Also instead of using a cloth, I have used paper kitchen towels, as the cloth cannot be washed and re-used once it is full of black gunge.

If your oven is in bad state like mine was, the longer you leave the gel to work, the easier is to clean it. About four hours should be fine. Don't apply the gel all over, but do it in 3 or 4 sections. Do the front first, then by the time you get to the back of the oven your arms will be in the clean part of the oven.

All in all, I am pleased with the results. Other products I've tried don't come close.
on 19 January 2013
This thick liquid has almost no smell which made me wonder if it would work. It did. Our oven had 20 odd years of burnt on stains on both the door glass and the chrome racks - a shiny dark brown accumulation which nothing else I could find would remove. I used the plastic brush to apply Oven Mate and waited about 20 minutes. Most of the staining simply washed off after that. Astonishing! I used it a second time to further clean the oven and found it useful to dampen the jelly when left for longer periods to stop it drying out. It even worked on old Tupperware box lids which had a slightly greasy feel - Hey, presto - now they're like new.
on 8 March 2008
This stuff is superb!!
I thought I'd get a bottle just to try it out- and I certainly wasn't disappointed.
You may need to use it on stubborn areas more than once- but your oven will come up a treat.
I can't recommend this product enough!!!
on 11 February 2012
Like others here I've tried just about every product on the market for oven cleaning , I've spent between 4 and 6 hours in the past with a brillo pad and elbow grease, and sweat , and back ache. I was ready to call in one of those appliance cleaning specialist franchises that use powerful industrial chemicals.

BUT.

I've just used this on a 6 year old Bosch double oven and almost wept with joy when it actually got rid of the baked on hard black crud. This is seriously good stuff. Just paint it on and squish it about, leave it alone for a short while and it actually dissolves the hard glass like coating. I can't describe how satisfying a feeling it is when you wipe that up with a cloth and all the black gooey mess comes away with it. My oven is actually grey inside again. Like new. No kidding.

Got this through Spares 2 Go and it was as good as buying from Amazon direct. Fast free delivery etc. Go for it if you're thinking about it. It actually works. I'm stocking up.

Tip during use. Brush away from yourself and start on the top surface. Oh and mind your eyes because it's serious stuff.
on 25 June 2010
As others have said, this product really does do what it claims to do, BUT I would offer a word of caution. The kit comes with gloves, but they're barely long enough to cover the wrist, and if this stuff gets on your skin, it really does burn, as I found to my cost. I would advise wearing 'proper' rubber or similar gloves which are longer in the wrist, thus protecting the arms.
on 15 October 2011
I have never submitted a review on Amazon before but after using this product for the first time I had to write one. My oven has not been cleaned for an embarassingly long time, not through lack of effort on my part, but simply because I have struggeled to find a product that can get it really clean. I must have spent a fortune over the years trying different products and spent hours scrubbing away at it but never again! The first application took 90% of the dirt off and the rest came off the second time. I was hesitant about leaving it on for too long at first but I needn't have worried. My oven will never look "as new" simply because it isn't but I am no longer ashamed of the state of it and will never buy any other oven cleaning products again.
on 22 October 2011
I have been using this product for a number of years and this is the first time I bought it through Amazon. Of all the oven cleaners this is the best. Just brush on and leave (following instructions) then wash off with soapy water, easy peasy. Leaves oven sparkling. No nasty smells just lovely clean oven, looking like new. This cleaner is great for using on oven proof dishes that get burnt-on splashes during cooking.Just brush gel on and leave for a couple of hours and it will come off easily with a little bit of steel wool. Brilliant!
on 23 August 2014
This is exactly the same stuff that Lakeland sell except for the branding and the price - this is much cheaper. Same logo, same bottle, same brush, same before & after pictures.

It does exactly what it says it will, cleans with no scrubbing whatsoever but if the oven's particularly bad it will take a while. I used it on an oven which hadn't been touched in three years so was caked with thick burnt on grease etc. The glass door was almost black. The first application was left on overnight as was advised for particularly dirty ovens. This removed 99% of it, but a few spots remained. I coated them again, and they had melted off after a few hours.

You need to be prepared to use 2-3 kitchen rolls to get rid of all the brown goo, and a few sponges to get rid of all the residue. However, the oven is now spotless. It's no exaggeration to say it looks brand new. The inside gleams so much the oven light reflects perfectly in the bottom. The door glass is spotless and sparkles.

It's not so good on the wire shelves though - it's difficult to apply properly using the brush. I find that Oven Pride (the one with the bag) is better for shelves as they stay submerged in the liquid.

The stuff looks and smells fairly innocuous, but don't get any on your skin. I got a pinprick sized spot on my finger through a hole in the glove and it stung like mad. When painting it on to the inside of the oven, paint in single strokes away from you to avoid flicking it on to yourself.

In summary, this stuff works brilliantly with NO scrubbing. You just need to be prepared to leave it on overnight, and to use more than one application. If your oven's really bad and you want it 100 % brand new and gleaming, set aside a weekend to live on cold food or takeaways.