Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 11 April 2015
Good film for the Mrs
on 9 April 2010
I went to see this film with my 16 year old. I have seen both the Twilight movies and thoroughly enjoyed them. I have also read all the twilight books.
We go the cimema every week and see all variety of films both good and bad. I have never felt the need to write a review before. But the reviews I have seen for this particular movie are unfair and simply not true. Journalists just looking to get in print and to say nothing good about a film that is on the whole very very good. Narrow minded try hards jealous of a talented young man whose career is on the way up. Now I've finished ranting....... back to the film. gripped from the start, an emotional rollercoaster with an ending that left me speechless. The whole cast are great and give emotional performances to support the story. The young cast are superb and Ruby Jerins is a young girl who will go a long way. Her relationship with Tyler ( Rob Pattinson)is so touching and you could see both actors feeding off each other. If you like films and are prepared to be open minded you'll be surpised how much this film has to offer.
Ladies if you have a pulse Rob is very easy on the eye.
on 19 February 2017
Pretty good.
on 16 April 2017
good story the ending brilliant
on 26 April 2017
SLOW START GOOD STORY ROTTEN ENDING
on 6 April 2010
I'm not going to lie, Robert Pattinson was a big part of my decision to see this film for the first time. However, as a film nerd, I really did fall in love with the film.

It is a wonderfully raw, extremely human indie drama about how the actions we think are meaningless can have a positive impact on the lives of others. The script is very witty and the characters are extremely relatable. Pattinson's Character, Tyler, is approaching his 22nd birthday and still mourning the death of his older brother, who died on the day he turned 22. His brothers death has fragmented his family-His parents have divorced and his wall-street father has no interest in relating to either him or his younger sister Caroline, who is greatly upset by her fathers ambivolence. After a night out with his friend Aiden which results in a brush with the police, Tyler meets Ally, a girl from Queens who, following the murder of her mother, has developed a very different view of life to Tyler, along with a firy relationship with her possessive father. They fall in love. However, the romance isn't the focus of the story but rather one of it's parts. It is a story about family and relationships.

Pattinson puts in an excellent performance, refusing to make Tyler either a rebellious hero or a spoilt brat but instead successfully conveying his pain, rage and frustration. His scens with ruby jerins, a child actor to watch, are extremely touching. Emilie De Ravin is also good as Ally, bringing a real warmth to the role. She and Pattinson have great chemistry and the characters romance is allowed to unfold in a very realistic way. Pierce Brosnan does a great job as Tyler's father, adding depth to what could have been a very predictable character. However, I do think that Chris Cooper, an excellent actor, is underused in the role of Ally's father.

The ending is a highly controversial one that will split audiences but which I loved, finding it harrowing, devestating, and extremely haunting. It is an ending that will stay with you long after the film is over and which will make you re-evaluate everything you've seen in light of it. Again it is handled in a very touching, human way. A real little gem of a film. Whata pity that, because of controversy surrounding the ending which has had critics tearing it apart like ravenous wolves, it may not get the recognition it deserves.
77 Comments| 217 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 June 2012
Tyler Hawkins (Pattinson) is a rich kid with divorced parents & a unique little sister Caroline (Jerins), who likes to rebel against his father Charles Hawkins (Brosnan) who he feels doesnt spend enough time with his family, especially when his older brother died when he was a young boy. The girl in the love story is Ally Craig (De Ravin) , a girl who has also sufferd loss, witnessing the murder of her mother as a young girl, and now her police officer father Sgt. Neil Craig (Cooper) is very protective of her. On a drunken night out Tyler gets arreseted by Craig, who turns out his daughter goes to the same school as him, and Tylers best mate Aidan, dares him to date her & then dump her to get revenge on the father. But as things turn out, the two have a lot in common.

Overall this is a decent romantic drama, the story allows us to get to know each charatcer & invest emotional ties with them in different ways, that we understand they're point of view. Robert Pattinson (Twilight) & Emilie de Ravin (Lost) make a good, beliveable on screen couple. And following their relationship togher, as well as Ally's bond with Caroline which brings her closer to Tyler, it helps them both come to terms with they're own losses, as they try and make peace with the relatives they have grown disconected from, but it maybe too late for some. Although he only has a few appearances, Pierce Brosnan (Goldeneye) makes the most of them as he becomes one of the most memorable characters in the film. Same could be said for Chris Cooper's (The Patriot) over protective father & Ruby Jerins (Nurse Jackie) sensetive and misunderstood kid.

In conclusion, Remember Me is a good romantic drama & each character involves the viewer into these peoples lives. The ending is very sad, but very controversial with it, which sadly draws some people away from all the good that went before. Reccomended.
on 12 June 2010
Well in truth I saw this film under under some duress from a friend. However i'm so glad I did, Robert Pattinson put in an amazing performance fall of raw emotion and soul. It's so much than the trailer would have you believe, this film has a lasting effect on you. Leaving you with many thoughts and feelings.

The characters and story are extremely relatable and well written. From the trailer you get the idea it's another romance film...think again! This film has so many layers and hidden depths within the mix. It's a perfect combination of relationships, family and romance.

Robert Pattinson puts in an truly Captivating performance, you can see Tyler's frustration, anger & the pain that he feels. Tyler's sister (Ruby Jerins), puts in an extremely touching performance as do all the cast. Ally the love interest played by Emilie De Ravin, she & Pattinson have great chemistry while Pierce Brosnan is also great as Tyler's father. The father/son scenes are quite emotional while also having some tender moments aswell.

The ending is what really made it for me, though devestating and is one of the main reasons it divided people so. It's not one of those happy ever after hollywood endings but still extremely haunting. It's something that will stay with you long after the film has finished. It's that gut raw emotion you feel while at the same time being very touching. This film has stayed with me and will continue to do so, that's why it's such a pity like another reviewer said that due to the controversy surrounding the ending it may not get the recognition it so deserves.

Everyone should take a look at this film, WARNING....you may need tissues at the ready!!!!
on 22 April 2012
My main reason for buying this film was because Robert Pattinson was in it. I knew nothing about what happened in it, and my partner was a bit sceptical.
We watched the film, and were both very surprised with how good the acting is in the story. We were both pretty certain of were the story was going, and then at the end it turned out we were both completely wrong. It shocked us into silence.
A fantastic film, very glad I bought it.
on 1 July 2010
I wanted to see this film because Robert Pattinson was in it and because I wanted to see him in a role that wasn't Edward Cullen (from the Twilight saga). Initially, I found the film to be a bit slow but then I really got into it when I saw what it was trying to convey. I won't repeat what others have already mentioned, but I thought it was a great film and very touching. What I also liked was the unexpected ending which left me with my mouth hanging open. The acting was good too.