I have never used tinned pumpkin in my cooking before, since I never had an opportunity of purchasing it at any of the UK supermarkets, but spotted this in amazon's best-selling charts and thought I'd grab some and try it out.

This is 100% pureed pumpkin and does not have any other ingredients or flavourings - it is not really 'pumpkin pie filling' in the traditional sense, since it does not have added ingredients and spices, therefore you are free to be as creative as you like in your use of this product.

You can do a LOT more than simply producing pumpkin pie (I haven't made one of those yet!). You also DON'T have to wait until autumn to eat pumpkin recipes - I can vouch that they are as delicious in May & June as they presumably are in October!

From my tins, I have produced pumpkin fudge; pumpkin scones; pumpkin muffins, pumpkin bourbon cheesecake, pumpkin roll. All looked and tasted delicious. Most delicious of all, however, was the 'Downeast Maine Pumpkin Bread' which I made. One tin of pumpkin plus the other ingredients yielded three large loaves, two of which I froze. It is like a very soft, luscious, ginger cake, only more subtly spiced that your typical ginger cake, and everyone who has tasted it has said, 'wow'.

I recommend purchasing a set of US measuring cups, as so many of the best pumpkin recipes are from the US, and I also recommend planning out in advance how to get maximum value out of each tin you open - since most recipes seem to call for around 3/4 of a cup of pumpkin. Only the large-yield recipes seem to require an entire tin.

In summary, I can highly recommend this tinned pumpkin. It may seem a little pricey in comparison to other tinned veg, but you can produce so much from 4 cans of this stuff that I believe it is actually rather good value.
44 comments| 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 24 May 2013
This is hard to get in England so was well pleased that Amazon sold it. My daughter loves pumpkin pie and I could only make it for her when Pumpkins were in season. But now I can cheat and use the canned Pumpkin.
There is a recipe for Pumpkin Pie on the can so made that version instead of my usual and it is delicious. It is well worth the money of £2 a tin as I paid more than that for fresh pumpkins, there were no mess either. Simple and so easy to use and taste lovely.
on 10 November 2011
I am very happy to find canned pumpkin for sale here in the UK. I find the taste of this Libby's Pumpkin brand to be the best I've tried thus far. I would highly recommend it to anyone who likes pumpkin pie, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin bread or even mixed in soups. It has a high beta carotene content. It is very convenient to take a can out of the cupboard for a quick sweet treat or soup.
on 6 November 2013
I love this pumpkin. I used to buy it when I lived in the U.S. I use it for pumpkin pie, pumpkin ice-cream, pumpkin bread, and pumpkin nut muffins. I prefer this plain pumpkin to the spiced pumpkin because I can add my own spices and increase some if I wish. Also, it is less expensive than the spiced pumpkin. There is a recipe on the can for pumpkin pie. It is simple to make and a very good recipe. I strongly recommend this product.
on 24 October 2013
As an American Libbys Pumpkin has been in Americans homes for many generations. It is used for all kinds of baking, from breads, pies and cookies. You can find loads of easy recipes online btw, and even if you never cooked with pumpkin I promise Libbys makes it easy.
I had my Libbys shipped to me here in The Netherlands every year in bulk for my autumn and holiday cooking. I could make my own but then I would have to cook it and blend it etc... and do that every time I want to bake no way! I pay premium price for it because of the shipping and it is worth every cent spent!
on 29 August 2014
Why the price hike? I bought some 2 weeks ago for £6/4 cans and it's now gone up to over £9. It will be cheaper for me to buy in my supermarket now (£2/can). Very disappointed as it is an excellent product.
on 4 July 2016
I love baking and the one time i tried making pumpkin pie,i used real pumpkin,it tasted horrible and i thought i would never make it again,until i found this online,Since then i won't use anything else it is wonderful,most recipes call for the entire tin so i don't have to worry about wasting any filling and all i have to do is add the other ingredients,it tasted amazing.
review image
on 4 December 2013
This is an American product and almost impossible to get here for some strange reason, anyway it makes great pumpkin pie and a must for cake making nuts like my Girlfriend, which is also who i bought this for, after she couldn't find it to buy anywhere. A good product and worth a try.
on 20 May 2014
No 1. This Pumpkin Pie Filling solves a lot of problems with animals, my dog was very ill with constant diarrhoea, a tablespoon full with his food for two days cured him also they love it.

No 2. It also makes fantastic pie filling which is what it is intended for.
on 9 August 2013
For those who have never had pumpkin pie--this should be a real treat! I am so glad that I can finally buy pumpkin in the UK and especially at such a good price. The 4 cans arrived only a few days after I ordered them and my family can't wait for another pie!