on 24 March 2012
I bought these to replace a previous pair which I still use. Since they are more or less identical I can report on their longevity.

I have used them as boots over a pair of sock waders and they are ideal for this. One positive aspect is that they are now elastic sided as opposed to having a zip.

The soles are very good and have lasted well on sand, rocks and concrete. If you wear them as bootees you will find that the insole will come out when you take them off. This happens with mine every time.

I have three pairs of these now and find them good value for money. I can recommend them.
on 19 January 2015
I bought these for use when Kayaking.
In practice I have tended to use them in the sea when swimming or walking where there might be rocks.

They provide quite good protection for your heels; I last wore them in the dead sea, where there are some quite jagged salt growths.

My only criticism is the sole inside which comes loose and has to be maneuvered back into place before you can put the shoe back on.
on 14 November 2014
Inner soles fell out on first dive, from then on there was a constant battle at having to line them up every time I went diving and they moved whilst diving so not comfortable.
That said the boot did cover and protect foot, so if you need a cheap option for one or two dives only they would work. However, I will be looking for an alternative for the next time I go diving.
on 29 July 2013
As a paddlesport coach, i knew these wouldnt be a long term investment, given the amount of use they would receive, but i expected far better than I got. Within the first days use, stitching came undone along the side of the shoe, so it was just the velcro fastening which was holding the shoe together. By day three, I had worn a hole through the entire sole and had a stone wedged into my foot. and by day 5, they were unusable.
I would strongly recommend you spend a little more, possibly looking at palm granite wetshoes which I owned previously and lasted over 3 years including trips on rough terrain and walks of over a mile in them.
on 10 September 2010
Not a great fit, not tight enough and the ankle strap could not be tightened enough. Filled up with water within seconds. Had to take them off as they were weighing me down.
10 people found this helpful
on 10 July 2013
Very cheap to buy but not very good quality, thin material and velcro ankle seal is not very effective. If you want a boot to protect your feet soles from sharp objects on the beach these are cheap enough but if you want to venture further afield pay a bit more and get something more substantial.
on 22 July 2017
GOOD AND COMFORTABLE BEACH WEAR.A GREAT PRICE
on 26 January 2014
I use these booties for kayaking, they are easy to wear, a good size and comfortable for wearing on extended paddle trips. They also have nice soles which offer some protection to sharp things you might find on the river bed when launching too.
on 11 September 2015
We've been using these shoes for ages and for the price they do exactly what you need. I was tempted by another pair with a zip but zips and sea water sometimes don't get on so I opted for the velcro set again.
Cheap, comfy, good grip.
on 15 January 2012
Great value for money. I also use these as slippers if it is really cold (although they do make your feet sweat a bit). I went to Devon and realised their use when I walked over the pebbly beaches. My Son cut his feet on a sharp stone so I will have to buy him a pair now too.

See one answered question