on 4 September 2017
My son was disappointed with this product as the mechanism to hold it in the locked position wasn't strong enough so it would stay extended.
Company refunded without question. Very good customer service, unfortunately not a very well made toy
on 11 July 2013
So far, the first item ordered had the non-responsive button problem that CHARACTER OPTIONS had promised to fix.

The button is within the housing (next to the batteries) and is used when the "emitter" is extended. The light activation button is not aligned or set low so the handle switch cannot come into contact with it.

Then the replacement item had a battery-housing screw without a thread (so it just spun in its slot) so we couldn't even get the batteries installed.

For the price VERY disappointing for the nine year old and the adults!

We haven't bothered to re-order although it could be THIRD TIME lucky?
on 7 May 2017
This item dose not qualify for any stars at all it's very cheap looking and cheaply made peace of cheap plastic
on 4 January 2012
I've had a few Dr Who Sonic Screwdrivers from different doctors now. This one I think is perhaps the worst put together.

Don't let me put you off completely, it not terrible. I think it will last a while and after a few weeks of regular use it still looks like new, but the buttons don't work that great, it comes apart a bit too easy and the action is a bit clunky. I was a bit dissapointed knowing that past screwdrivers have been better and expected a bit more for the money.

All that said, my son loves it as much (if not more) than he did the last one. I'm sure I will be made to buy the next incarnation when is arrives in stores.
on 4 December 2014
This is an excellent toy for any Doctor Who fan, big or small! I bought this as a gift for my four year old son and he loves it. Size wise it is big but really sturdy. The light and sound effects are great features. It's played with daily and the batteries are lasting really well.
review image
on 29 July 2015
Okay very important if you're thinking of buying one of these if you select size Normal you don't get what is shown in the picture, the screwdriver does not extend at all and only has one button (its the wave 2 version if thats any help) so i'm guessing if you want the one in the picture, which extends then you need to order the size A version, i say guessing, as i'm in the process of returning the first version and ordering the other one.

On the other hand if you litterly just want a cheap prop for a party or whatever, that from a distance looks like a sonic screwdriver then buy this one as its much cheaper..
review imagereview image
on 10 March 2014
this is for grandson in Canada,as yet we have not been able to give him this they cant get much where he lives so ive to get dr who items for him,so as we cant get over to see him now ill be posting this item to him,i have a number of other dr who items for him ,but this he will love its one he realy wanted,i myself though the item did more then it does,but still its well made,and very good,4/5 is the max I give ,never 5/5 as I believe every one can do better, so very good item , thank you
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 10 December 2017
Bought for my daughter she loved it seemed well made.
on 25 October 2013
I bought this to go with several other items that I have bought for the 50th Anniversary celebrations.

I concur with other users remarks concerning the insertion of the batteries, a little tricky but it took no more than 2 or 3 minutes. I also bought the 11th Doctor's Sonic Screwdriver Torch for my Daughter however she was very impressed with my purchase that she also wants one so I shall be ordering another.
review image
on 14 April 2012
I bought this as a birthday present last year, and it's a nice little toy, true to the on screen version. It has enough action and sound in it to keep an enthusiastic fan/young fan entertained for hours. The only problem with it is the build, it's not the sturdiest thing in the world, and therefore not really suited to rough or regular use. For this reason I would only really recommend it for children of 8 and over, certainly not for children who are still putting things in their mouths. To get the batteries in is a pain too, I was worried it may actually break in the process, even though we followed the instructions. Despite this, it's fun once it's ready to go, and made so that it really does look authentic as possible for the money.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse