Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Paloma Faith Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

on 6 May 2010
I came to Doctor Who pretty recently, and really enjoyed it, and loved seeing Matt Smith take over from David Tennant. Watching "The Eleventh Hour," his first full episode as the Doctor, I was impressed with his performance. Also, I really liked the way he looked as "The Raggedy Doctor," so when I saw this set, I wanted to get it. Then, I saw a video about the making the action figure, and I knew I had to get it.

Instead of someone making a sculpt of Matt Smith's face, they managed to actually scan his face into a computer and created a model, and even with a few adjustments for a 5'' action figure and a paint job, the face really looks like Matt Smith!

The two figures, one depicting "The Raggedy Doctor," the other the Eleventh Doctor in his normal costume (including his "cool" bow tie and tweed jacket), have almost identical points of articulation: the arms rotate 360 degrees, the biceps and waist swivel, the elbows and knees bend, and the legs can "do the splits" as well as be moved forward and back. The hands on "The Raggedy Doctor" swivel easily, while only the Eleventh Doctor's right can does. The Eleventh Doctor's legs can also swivel at the thigh, but "The Raggedy Doctor" cannot. Both of the figures' right hands can hold the included sonic screwdriver accessory tightly. While "The Raggedy Doctor" could move his head from side to side, the Eleventh Doctor could not.

"The Raggedy Doctor" has the Tenth Doctor's shirt, pants, shoes, and tie. The shirt is detailed with points of tearing, the sleeves are rolled up a bit, and the tie is loose. The shoes and pants do not look damaged, I am guessing that the bottom half was actually the same as Tenth Doctor action figures, especially as "The Raggedy Doctor" is a bit shorter than the Eleventh Doctor. A tiny complaint is that the visible bit of his chest just below his neck is obviously really part of the shirt and simply had the flesh-color painted on. On my figure, either part of the paint has flaked off, or was sloppily painted.

The Eleventh Doctor is more pleasing, with excellent detail on his jacket, shirt, trousers, boots, and bow tie. The jacket actually feels separate from the body: squeezing the back makes "the jacket" press against the figure's back. (Of course, the jacket cannot be removed, unless you want to seriously damage the figure.)

The sonic screwdriver accessory is based on the one the Doctor gets from the TARDIS at the end of "The Eleventh Hour," and is an excellent replica, for an accessory for a 5'' action figure. As mentioned above, both figures can hold it, but I've been keeping mine with the Eleventh Doctor.

Although "The Raggedy Doctor" leaves a couple points to be desired, the Eleventh Doctor more than makes up for it. Any Doctor Who fan who would enjoy action figures should like this set.

Now I just need a TARDIS...
on 20 July 2010
My 8-year-old son, who is a Doctor Who fan thinks"IT's brilliant!!!" these were his words when I asked him. The figures has extra movement compared to the old Doctor and well made.
on 10 July 2010
I bought the Eleventh Doctor's Crash Set recently as an addition to my small (but constantly growing) collection of Doctor Who action figures. And I found these to be the best I've seen so far. The face really resembles Matt Smith, whereas some Tenth Doctor figures didn't look much like David Tennant at all.
What has stayed the same is the detailedness of the bodies/costumes, be it the patches on Eleven's jacket's elbows, the shiny boots or the fabulous mini sonic screwdriver that comes with this set.
And I really loved the improved flexibility of these figures. Where older ones sometimes only had 7 points of articulation, these ones have 13 or 14. There's an added point of articulation at the thigh of Eleven in tweed that allows for the leg/foot to point outwards/to the side, which gives more possibilities to posture the figures. The "raggedy Doctor" doesn't have this one, but instead it's head can be moved easily from side to side, which doesn't seem possible with the "tweed Doctor" - or mine's just stuck ;)
All in all my favourite Doctor Who figures so far.
on 30 January 2011
The Eleventh Doctor's Crash Set is a fantastic set to buy and is money well spent. Here are my reviews on the 2 fabulous figures, both looking really similar to Matt Smith.

The Raggedy Doctor: The figure has fantastic articulation, but most of the articulation is similar to all 10th Doctor figures, apart from the arm joints. The face has been done beautifully, because Matt's face was scanned. The shirt has been done nicely and the scratches and the tears on the shirt have been fantastically detailed. 10/10

The 'Bow Ties are Cool' Doctor: Again, fantastically done and the articulation is better than the Raggedy Doctor figure. One bad thing that lets this figure down is that the head can only be moved very slightly and is very disappointing. Otherwise, it's a really good figure. 8/10

This set is fantastic and the overall rating is 9.5/10. I highly recommend this set to younger fans of the show.
VINE VOICEon 12 September 2010
As already noted in an email. This was order via Amazon from another Company. The postage to pay I did not object to but it took nearly a week to arrive whereas Amazon parcels arrive within days.

However, the toy itself was well received and quality etc. excellent
on 2 October 2011
I've been a long time fan of doctor who at first i was a bit sad when David Tennant left doctor who i thought nothing would be the same without him. But then i decided to give the new series a go and so i watched the first episode of the new series and it was actually awesome Matt smith is a tremendous actor. So as soon as i watched the episode i knew i had to have to this remarkable figure set in my collection so i saved up my money went out and bought this set and i am not dissapointed with my choice it actually has the likeness of Matt smith. If this is what the new series figures are gonna be like then sign me up I'm gonna go collect all of them!!!.
on 1 January 2011
THE TOY ARRIVED VERY VERY QUICKLEY AND I UNDERSTAND FROM MY NEPHEW IT WAS GREAT FUN AND HE WAS SO HAPPY TO GET IT FOR A XMAS PRESENT.
on 26 February 2011
Be careful with the Matt Smith in his own clothes but if you take care of these then they are really fun to play with and they are well detailed in every way. The face looks a lot like Matt Smith and it's a great but for anyone, at that price who's gonna argue
on 8 January 2011
MY OLDEST SON BOUGHT THESE FOR HIS BROTHERS BIRTHDAY.. BOTH ARE DOCTOR WHO FANS. SO IT WOULDNT MATTER WHAT I THINK OR ANY OTHER NON DR WHO FAN, THEY BOTH WONT HAVE ANYTHING NEGATIVE SAID BOUT HIM. IF THEY ARE HAPPY... IM HAPPY.
on 29 January 2012
I bought this for my neice for christmas so can't personally review it but can say that I've asked her what the doctors are like and if she likes them - she said fantastic fantastic fantastic - say no more!