Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Steps Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 20 May 2015
I ordered this by mistake but was luckily sent the newer version which is Plantronics Blackwire C310. If you found your way here from the Dragon Naturally Speaking 13 listing (which recommends this headset) note that this is the older version of the headset. Get the new model, Plantronics Blackwire C310, which is actually cheaper.

The Plantronics Blackwire C310, which is the one I was sent, works very well with Dragon Naturally Speaking 13.0.

The headset that came with Dragon Naturally Speaking didn't work at all on my computer as the software simply couldn't pick up any sound from it. However, as soon as I got and plugged in the Plantronics Blackwire C310 everything worked perfectly.
on 16 September 2013
bought this to go with my Dragon NaturallySpeaking software on the recommendation of the buyers of the software. I'm really glad I bought this, comfortable to wear, easy-to-use and leaves one ear free for the telephone. Fantastic for those who have to have several jobs on the go at the same time.
on 18 April 2012
Comfortable, light with good audio. The cable is about 1 metre long, so I can move around a bit when talking. The mic swivels so it can be used on either ear, and the headband adjusts too.
on 1 March 2012
I got this to use my PC for VOIP. It's an excellent item for the price. The sound is clear, and the mike picks up my voice very well - without too much background noise. The cable is not too short, and the in-line volume and mute buttons are a great feature. Construction seems to be good, and it is a comfortable fit. I've worn this on calls lasting over an hour without any problem. Overall very pleased.
on 11 March 2016
I had been using an older Plantronics headset with Dragon NaturallySpeaking for several years, but decided to upgrade to this headset after it was recommended by a colleague. It didnt come with any intructions, so I simply plugged it into a USB port and let Windows 7 find and install the drivers. Dragon picked up the new hardware immediately and after a short microphone test, it was up and running. Unexpectedly easy.

In use, the headset works very well indeed. Acccuracy is much improved and dictation remains accurate when there is background noise in the room (dictation using the old analogue headset deteriorated significantly, even with a simple fan running, let alone traffic noise outside). I also like the micophone mute button - it is much easier to click this than telling the system to stop listening, then wake up. There is a red LED in the mute switch that lights up when it is muted.

Very pleased with this purchase
on 14 May 2011
Don't be confused by photo, it is the mono version of the headset, i.e. earpiece on one side and pad on other side. I found it very comfortable (some people say I have a large head ;-) and it worked directly on Windows 7 without additional drivers. Microphone is sensitive enough to allow for variety of mic. positions, and sound quality is good. I'm very happy with the purchase.
on 12 November 2012
I needed a headset for my OU course. I have to say, after several weeks of use, that it works very well. The quality of sound from the earphone and the microphone is good. I don't think that I had any problem with setting the headset up on Windows 7. However Windows 7 does need to be told occasionally, when I plug in the headset, that I want it as the default playback device rather than my speakers.

Having the volume control on the lead is very convenient and very precise. The only downside for me, but quite probably an advantage for others, is the length of the cable. It is 7 feet long. I have the USB extension cable socket on my desk for easy connection and disconnection. This means for me that the headset cable is around 3 feet too long.

I am very happy with the headset, its looks and performance. If I needed another headset I would buy the same again.
on 14 March 2014
I bought this headset to use with Dragon dictation software. I previously used a standard headset that plugged into the line in for my Dell latitude E6540. Supposedly the very best laptop that Dell produce. However playing back the recorded speech there was a great deal of background hiss and the quality of my voice was poor. This Plantronics USB headset is truly astonishing. Not only does it cancel out virtually all of the background noise there is also no hiss as with the previous line in versions. The accuracy of the speech recognition utilising this headset is truly astonishing. I would highly recommend this product. Its build quality is also excellent with a very useful in line mute switch. This entire product review was undertaken with this headset after just initial training.
on 5 December 2013
Just plugged it in, both the WinXP and Win8 found the device first time, and both OSs switched to it after suggesting a prompt to do so. Works fine with GoToMeeting from Citrix. Nice to be able to mute the mic using the inline switch, but don't forget to switch it back on again!
on 9 September 2011
Crystal clear sound quality. I use it regularly with Skype and it is fully compatible (Using Win 7). Great value, neatly designed.