on 5 June 2013
What can i say what an epically good ending to an epic series, questions where answered players got played. Thing got twisted and turned upside down and it was amazing. I wont go on and on about how finger licking good this book was................... but my goodness it was hotter than Satan's bedroom and that place is molten lava.
Everyone we know and love is there getting some action whether it was for right or wrong. Plots thicken where other are revealed. All in all it was a pleasure to be part of the fever world for a week of my life (i bought and devoured the series in one go) It is one of the best urban fantasy series i have ever read and i know i will be going back to it repeatedly for the rest of my life.

All i want to know now is when will we be seeing Christian MacKeltar getting his own book because he sure as sugar needs one. He's my favorite male in the fever series i know most people are either a Vlane Pri-ya or a die hard Jericho addict but im strictly about the sexy highlanders.
on 26 January 2016
This is a great series of books which I found hard to put down. I've read the first five and will review them collectively. The synopsis can be found elsewhere, but I really liked Mac (the female protagonist) and I thought the grief she experienced over losing her sister was complex and well executed. Her relationship with the men in her life was intriguing and all of the characters were written with both light and dark characteristics. The author sometimes wrote the POV in both past and present tense which I found a little odd, but the story line was so compelling that it wasn't a distraction. My only other niggle is that there were quite a few Americanisms (and I don't mean Dani O'Malley who was trying to emulate Mac) for example here in the UK we don't use the term 'candy bar' or celebrate Halloween in quite the same way as Americans do which indicates a lack of research by the author. However, I admit to being super fussy, so a four (and a half) star rating is praise indeed. Definitely worth a read!
on 16 January 2011
I have been counting the days for the release of this book as the series was a wild roller-coaster ride. Imagine my suprise this morning when the mail man delivered my book 2 days early to its release date!! to say I was thrilled would be putting it mildly. Haven't yet finish the book only halfway through it but so far its been amazing!!

Thank you Amazon for a fast delivery!!
on 24 October 2012
I dont know what more I can say about this series, other than I absolutely bloody loved it! Great prose, great world building, great characters and utterly suspenseful and riveting throughout. I am so glad I read this series and am now a huge fan of Karen's.
on 30 December 2013
Well the final book in Karen Moning's 'Fever Series' start off right were Dreamfever ended and Mac repeats history and finds a new deadly friend to help her find the book although for reasons other than the normal avenging her sister etc etc. I wouldn't go into it any further in case it soils your reading.
In the book we learn who Mac is and who she is not.
We learn Barron's secret - will Mac accept it?
We learn Dani's secret - what will Mac do with this piece of knowledge?
We learn who the real baddies are!
The book has many twists and turns but left me a bit unsatisfied- and I cannot work out why. Perhaps it is because it seems to take a long time to get to the end or perhaps because it left the book hanging in many aspects which I found frustrating.
on 18 January 2011
...almost speechless anyway!!! lol

OMG!! What an absolute rollercoster of a read... honestly I feel exhausted!!

I can't even give a proper review for fear of letting something slip that I shouldn't lol.

Needless to say, if you loved this series, you will NOT be disappointed - although I must admit the very first part did seem to drag a little for me, but that may actually have been my own impatience to get the story going.

Loved it!!
VINE VOICEon 7 February 2011
I thoroughly enjoyed this book and read it in 2 days! I don't think the book needed to be as long as it is, there are more than a few parts where Mac is pondering over some issue and this takes up a number of pages and sometimes is repeated further along which I think made the story drag which is why it loses half a star.

I don't want to sound like I didn't enjoy it because I did (massively) I'd waited almost a year for it and it was worth the wait. As with other reviewers I don't think it is the best in the series. Most if not all of the loose ends from previous books (who was the beast, what's under Barron's garage)are tied up and there are a number of developments that I just wasn't expecting - V'Lane anyone!!!! and the LM - these kept you hooked so it wasn't just waiting for the end.

I must admit that I did enjoy the cross over of the Highlander series and it was nice to read about Drustan, Daegus etc. I also liked the was she/ wasn't she the concubine/ King although again this dragged out a fair bit.

One element of the series that never sat right with me was Dani and her superspeed! I can take the monsters and the fae and the other worlds but this I just couldn't 'beleive', silly I know, she was human - how could she do this?!?!?!

Finding out the killer of Alina was shocking but the way this was dealt with was as other people have stated anticlimatic especially as this was the basis of the beginning of the series. However, I don't want these small annoyances to detract from how much I enjoyed the book. I think that the progression of Mac was believable and Barron's character was fantastic all throughout. Hugely disappointed that its the end of the series but I think best that it is so that it doesn't drag on. Well done KMM
on 15 February 2011
Karen Moning feels like the best friend I've ever had. I love her books, and it was with a sense of sadness that I finished the shadow series. I really wish I could read them all again, for the first time. Lots of reviewers have allready commented on the contents, so I dont want to repeat whats already been said, just say, the ending was awesome. I loved every minute of it. Only regret I had was the way the ending clashed with; into the dreaming, and the unseelie kings/seelie queens trust there. That made little sense in light of Shadowfevers revelations. But Im nitpicking on that I suppose.
on 10 August 2011
It all comes together in this final installment, Mac has some tough decisions to make now her world has fallen apart! The twists and turns continue and we finally get to know who and what Mac is ( which is genius, by the way!) All the other players fall into place, with some very surprising turns and upsets.
She keeps you guessing right to the end, when you can eventually take a breath and then mourn because it's over! ( sniff, sniff). I know this is short, but you shouldn't be reading this if you haven't read all the other books first! x
on 6 February 2013
This book start directly where the last book ends and I couldn't believe the identity of the beast! How was Mac going to carry on, how was she going to live with herself. Well it makes her tougher and seemingly enough to take on Darroc.
Overall a brilliant series, I loved every minute and couldn't put them down. I'm so glad I waited to read them all together and didn't have to wait for the next book to come out, I think it would have killed me!!