on 24 July 2014
Generally I love historical fiction, but this book is rubbish! My mistake; it is a 'Mills and Boon' with cut and paste history interspersed,which is fine if that is what you want. For a strong, brave young woman, Rachael spends a lot of time crying and ranting,then unbelievably excelling at swordsmanship, archery, healing, and anything else the author thought would be good for her to excel at. None of it was believable and I don't know why I bothered to finish it - probably because I had nothing else to read at that moment.
on 17 January 2014
It took me a while to get into this book as it is written more from the women's point of view, but I'm glad I persevered as I ended up enjoying the story.
on 19 October 2014
I am generally not a fan of historical novels, Crusaders included, and I picked up this book at random to fill some waiting time. As it happened I was well and truly caught in its plot and adventures. It also helped that, surprisingly for a Crusader tale, the main character is a woman, and especially that she is a properly strong heroine. I am now going to procure whether it is followed by the inevitable sequel which is the rule nowadays even though I really do not expect it to match the level of this first one. I just hope it comes close.
on 16 September 2014
I usually read historical thrillers or murder mysteries but I thought I would try this for a change as I have a fascination for books about knights and Templars in particular. This book had an equally strong male and female main characters which I like, the love story is there, but adds a deeper more personal edge to the story rather being sloppy or the main focus. I ended the book in tears which can only mean five stars which left me wanting to read more.
on 28 November 2016
I enjoyed The Templars Heart,but a quarter of a way through the book I realised it was a woman's book. Unfortunately,I'm one of these poor souls who has to see through to the end. But personally I think it is a great read for a woman. On saying that I am definitely not a sexist. Go on,give a read.
on 13 January 2017
Who wrote the blurb advertising the Kindle edition of this work ? 'Persued' ? They might have been better qualified to do this had they PURSUED a course in English spelling !
on 27 February 2015
The writimg is quite basic and predicable. Long winded in places and not a great depth to the story-line
on 28 January 2015
This is the first time I've read a book by this author but it won't be the last! Very enjoyable.
on 26 April 2015
Very interesting. Many twists and surprising turns
on 4 February 2017
If you follow the templars this is worth a read