Customer reviews

on 28 November 2012
If you're considering purchasing this, you probably know what to expect. A solid 5 1/2 hours of Recollection, divided between three seasons across three discs. The first two seasons, Reconstruction and Recreation, are all machinima, with the former holding a more serious plot than the Blood Gulch Chronicles. Recreation harks back to classic RvB with, as the title suggestions, recreation. The third season included in this boxset, Revelations, would be better suited to the name 'Revolution.' It introduces CG action to the series, which could have easily devolved into mindless acrobatics but in practice, manages to retain the humour of the series and allows the plot to be advanced in ways previously impossible.

I was surprised at how well put-together the DVD was, with hours upon hours of special features - it's worth the purchase for the exclusive audio commentaries alone, which accompany each season and often serve as comedy in their own right. You learn a lot about how they actually make this - machinima is a lot more difficult than just going into Halo 3's theatre mode and shooting, it's revealed - and the reasons behind the directions the story takes, with some jokes between members of the cast too. Then there are the other extras like the PSAs, behind-the-scenes videos and the mini-series of Recovery One and Relocated, both essential to understand the stories of the seasons.

I only picked this up because it was cheap and I figured it'd save the time of a torrent, but it's really surprised me by how good it is, enough so that I've been convinced to order seasons 9 and 10 on DVD too. And yes, it's region free and will work on UK DVD players/Xbox/PS3.
on 20 August 2011
Much like the first five series, these three are filled with much of the same humour that keeps us laughing and hooked on every episode. The introduction of the new freelancers is very well done, the music that plays with the Meta makes him a truly terrifying villain (second only to Lord Voldemort in my opinion). The new animation (i know Monty doesn't like it when we say CGI) was not welcomed by some, but i feel it had given Red vs Blue a new direction as there is only so far you can go with a spoken story. I have watched this DVD many times and will continue to do so.

Long live Rooster Teeth.
on 17 December 2014
I Love Red vs Blue!!!
I live in the UK which I believe is region 3 however this dvd (and the Blood Gulch Chronicles) is region 1 yet the both play on my xbox 360 elite slim so happy days!!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 2 April 2013
If you love Halo or the first few season of Red vs Blue I recommend it! I rewatch this DVD all the time.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse