on 6 October 2017
Read this book cover-to-cover in 53 minutes.
Filled with excellent plain english advice, it's one of the best books out there for business productivity.
Not big on references, but the authors are credible because they built 37Signals, which created Basecamp and Ruby-on-Rails.
A damning critique of old school business types who favour endless meetings, reports, hierarchies and strategic plans.
If you like this also read: 'The 4 Hour Work Week' and 'Steal Like An Artist' - equally inspired.
on 26 July 2017
This book really stands out from the many self help business books - it is full of clear, encouraging common sense and has useful tips and reminders for anyone, however experienced. I often flick through it again to remind myself to keep things simple. Well worth the cover price, unlike the vast majority of business books.
on 15 June 2011
Rework is a fantastic book for anyone responsible for their own work, whether you're an entrepreneur, a creative freelancer, or just trying to start out on some similar path.

It really does take some of the most accepted myths about work and working practice and turn them into actual practical tips. Planning? It's guessing - call it that and it gets its proper perspective. There are many more fantastic pieces of advice.

It's arranged into short sections with cute illustrations to get the point across in a very effective visual way so you are actually absorbing the tip twice - this kind of detail shows that it's been written by someone who knows what buttons to press to get things done.

Hugely recommended.
on 1 October 2013
This is a punch on the face of those who think business should be hard and it should be built to be an enterprise. This books says, basically, that you should believe on what you do and we should forget the way work was done in the 20th century (conservative) and enjoy more life/work. This book makes you believe that whatever you want to do, if done with passion, it will work. Perfectly described for those who want to follow a career as a software engineer & entrepreneur like I do.
on 21 June 2017
Read the book in one evening and had a blast. Working at a startup at the moment and the book gave me a lot of inspiration on how we should work, how we should treat our customers, how we should think about our product and target audience. Extremely short chapters but I appreciated that.
on 29 October 2017
Didn't know what to expect. An easy read that just makes you stop and think a little.
Amazing book - easily read it in a day and looks lots of nuggets from it ... highly recommend any business owner read it (even though I've been running my business for a few years now, I still took away ideas).
on 21 July 2017
It's okay. Short stories but still valuable.
on 12 October 2017
Some of the tips were cool. However I still found most of the ideas are very common.
The reason I am giving this a 3 star because it was boring to read.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 March 2017
Fantastic business book. One of the best I have read for a long time. Would thoroughly recommend to those running their own small/medium sized business and looking to work more effectively.