on 5 January 2014
Bought this along with two Energenie Auto TV shutdown sockets.
One of the sockets didn't work out of the box, the trailing socket worked for 4 days.
I bought these to replace similar products by Belkin, which also worked for a couple of months before failing.
As return postage costs from Ireland are so high, I've written off this purchase.
Don't buy this rubbish.
on 22 May 2013
This product is just what I wanted shut all my other stuff off when my PC was shutdown and works great.

However, if you want to use this on a PC that goes to Sleep after a certain amount of time it still works but as the power to the PC is actually cut you'll find your PC loses its sleep mode and will display the "Windows did not shut down properly" message when you boot up again.

To get around this I plugged my PC into the "Always On" socket and used my monitor as the device the Energenie would watch. Now when I put my PC to sleep the monitor automatically goes into standby which the Energenie detects as the indication to power everything else off.

Now I can get going again by just hitting a key on my keyboard to wake my PC and pressing the button on the Energenie to power on everything else.

I'm guessing your mileage may vary depending on the type of monitor you have and if the current it drops when going into standby is enough to trigger the Energenie.

I would a star as I would have liked it to have one socket specifically for the PC which it uses to detect but doesn't kill power to that socket so you could let the PC go into sleep mode. Considering the product works fine for shutdown PCs then I can't really drop the star.
on 1 February 2015
Do your research before buying one of there. They work brilliantly at first, then at some point they just stop putting anything into standby as mine did (at less than 6 months old). Doesn't matter what you do, it won't work again. The money you save on electricity originally won't cover the cost of binning this turkey of a product and buying something else. Very disappointed.
on 14 January 2015
I am on my second one of these. They are great when they work, but my first stopped working after about six months. This one has managed less than four months. It now detects when I put my screen into standby, and the light on the socket goes off after about a minute, but it leaves all of the sockets live so nothing else actually goes off :(
on 23 January 2013
seems to work when you set it up to start with but then doesn't for no obvious reason. Reseting is not difficult but the whole idea is to have things, e.g. separate hard drives, automatically shut down after the computer is turned off without having to remember; perhaps it is trying to be too clever with having no dominant socket.
on 4 April 2016
I've been using this for some time now and I'm not experiencing any of the problems that other reviewers have mentioned. It's not as good as the device it replaced which gave a delay to allow devices to shut down and didn't need the button to fire things up again. I can't get a replacement for that so this one will have to do.
on 1 February 2016
I bought this thinking I can use it for my TV + sky box and separate dvd player but it says that this is used for your computer system and peripheral. I can now see there is a different one for the TV but I just can't be bothered to buy another one.
on 5 August 2015
It worked great until two days ago when it stopped turning my appliances off. This is almost six months on the day since I bought it.
on 13 January 2013
But i'm not keen on the button you have to press before starting up each time, just being picky but its a white button whereas all my kit on my desktop is black & its just a little inconvenient. other than that it does the job i want it to do
on 4 April 2013
This does what it says. It's a neat way of dealing with ghost loads like powered speakers without having to switch them off manually at the end of the day. Although it says that the power is cut to the slave sockets one minute after the computer powers down, mine takes a little longer; so initially I worried that it wasn't working. I just had to be a bit more patient.