on 13 July 2014
Outstanding! - Should be a design classic. You will need a hose adapter though - one reviewer says that it was impossible to find but in fact the following adapter is available from Amazon or many garden centres:

You may want access to a 17mm spanner also just to make the adapter nice and snug (it has ridges built in for this purpose). Also some reviewers talk of the device being temperamental - Mine was too until I adjusted the flow rate of my hose down. You won't be trying to fill these little balloons at full mains pressure :-)
on 20 September 2011
Slightly nervous prior to purchasing this product but I needn't have worried. It is an excellent way of filling water balloons quickly once I had understood the technique. The packaging stated that 100 balloons could be filled in 10 mins. I didn't manage that, probably double that time but that might be just down to me.The 100 balloons that were included were of a good quality as only one or two could not be filled.
on 2 August 2016
I wasn't too sure about this after I read some of the other reviews, but ours is fantastic. It only arrived this morning, so I can't comment on its longevity, but it fits to the hose connector (though there's an extra bit that I overlooked at first, which you need!) and once you tighten everything, it doesn't leak. The kids (9 and 6) were using it happily within a few minutes. I fled for the house and they worked their way through the pack of 100 balloons that came with it. Wet, happy kids and happy me too because now I don't need to buy the scarily expensive balloons on stalks -- I can buy normal water balloons and let them fill them with this. Hurray!

Update!!

We had this for a couple of weeks with much water bomb hilarity. Because of the weather, it was used three or four times (but well used -- they filled 20-30 balloons each time). It's stopped working -- the plastic no-tie bits at the top have bent out just slightly and will no longer ties balloons that are more than half full. Kind of disappointing but it's such a great idea (and so fabulous when it works) that we're returning this one and ordering another in the hopes that it's just our one that's not 100%.
on 6 July 2012
Took me several attempts to get the technique nailed, but once you get the hang of it, you'll be pumping out water balloons like there's no tomorrow. Even my 6 & 8 year old kids soon picked it up, something which I may regret showing them.
on 25 July 2013
Ok, the gizmo for tying off the baloons. Brilliant, I'd happily give this bit 5 stars.
Filling the balloons - Pathetic! This was very frustration and really spoiled the fun of the ensuing water fight. If I had the tap turned on more than a fraction the fill nozzle would just make a small screech noise when attempting to fill a balloon and the water flow stopped. To get it to work again I had to turn the tap off, un-attach the hose, re-attach the hose and try again. When it did work it filled so slooowwwww. It has now packed in altogether so pretty rubbish.
Also the item was supposed to be delivered next day under Amazon Prime but was late.
It gets 1 star I'm afraid for being late, not working properly causing great frustration and finally packing in. The gizmo for tying the balloons however works great.
on 21 June 2011
My son had a water fight brithday party. we filled 300 water bombs with this in a couple of hours. It was worth its weight in gold.
on 18 June 2014
This comes with a screw connector built into the unit that you are supposed to connect to your hosepipe... except... how on earth do you do this? I visited a local hardware store who stock a wide range of hose connectors (Robert Dyas) and they had nothing that would work for this... I've now given up.

The most useful part of this purchase was the packet of 100 water balloons. The rest is now gathering dust since I cannot figure out how to use it at all. Unless you're certain you're going to be able to connect this to your hose, I'd not recommend this product at all.
on 6 July 2016
This was absolutely useless & far from cheap even, if it had done what it said on the tin.
This product is so bad that I am sending it back which I hardly ever (if ever) have bothered to do before.
The main problem is that you have no control over the flow of water. Generally it is completely shut off. we tried experimenting with very, very slight water pressure & gradually increased this but to no avail. Interestingly the only time it seemed to work at all was when we had switched the tap off & there was water in the hose pipe. We were then able to fill 3 balloons. I was convinced nothing so simple could be quite so useless & felt we must be doing something wrong. We tried it on 3 separate days - spending around 20 minutes each time before we were convinced that it was just a con. If you have made the mistake of buying this product, then I would strongly suggest that you give it to someone you really do not like. It should give them many hours of frustration.
on 4 June 2012
This thing is brilliant if your fingers are valuable to you. No more knots and tying off. No more red fingers. Just put water in the ballon using the push down valve to control the flow then stretch the neck, wrap around the thingy, clip the opening of the ballon in the slot and pull. One filled ballon with a sturdy knot.

If you have water fights get one of these and stock up before the enemy arrive.
on 9 August 2013
I love the clamp - I struggled to get the hose attached to the water bomb factory - but apparently we don't have the right connector. However the children were more than happy to fill direct from the tap. The huge plus for me was the fact that the children were able to use it to tie the balloons themselves. Usually it ends up being my eldest or me tying all the balloons. The children had great satisfaction that they could do it independently and it was quick.