Size: 15 kg|Change

on 18 September 2013
I was looking for a different food for our 2 Golden Retrievers, when I came across Skinners. Tbh, I'd never heard of it before, and we were used to trekking to the local pet shop, and heaving 15kg sacks from the shop to the car, then from the car to the house.

Our 2 GR's are prone to 'funny' tummies on times, but since using Skinners, they've both been absolutely fine, and everything is always 'solid' :)

The value in incredible - just about half of what we were paying before, AND, as we subscribe, it just get delivered once a month - brilliant! :)

The ingredients are all very good, and our two always look forward to food time (well, anyone with GR's would know that they look forward to food time, at any time!)
on 23 October 2011
I originally had my puppy on Symply but this was both costly and not to my dog's liking who is a fussy eater. I contacted the person from whom I got my puppy from and she recommended Skinner's. Hard to buy locally I was thrilled to discover it here and well, my boy is no longer turning his nose up at his meals and is thoroughly enjoying this mixed with plenty of water. Great value for money - highly recommend to those with working dogs - ie collies, spaniels, GSDs etc.
on 17 February 2013
I order this for my friends dog who suffers with allergy problems including sensitive stomach and hair loss through itchy skin. Since feeding him entirely on the above all his problems have diminished and he is a different dog. No more constant trips to the Vet which saves time, money and most importantly, no more distress to the dog. I can highly recommend this product.
on 8 May 2012
This is really good value, my dogs had previously been on Burns dog food which is dearer but able to swap to this with no stomach upsets or digestion problems at all, now you can get it on subscribe and save too.
on 3 October 2015
My dog has really thrived on this food, the right amount of energy to do all the things we like to do, but without the silliness or skin issues brought on by cereal based formulations. Doesn't smell too good by human standards, but then it isn't for people and the dog loves it.
on 7 February 2013
My dog has had skinners from a pup. I noticed after she was spayed her coat changed so I invested in skinners salmon and her shiny coat came back. Plus excellent value at 15kg aswell as using Amazon subscribe service for an extra 10% off!
on 27 October 2012
My young labrador has a very sensitive stomach, and after a lot of trial and error using well known brands, this is the only food that we have found that does not upset her stomach, she is full of energy and had a lovely glossy coat through eating this food. Great price too! Cannot recommend enough.
on 24 April 2013
Excellent food for the price. Shiny coat, no more skin problems and better stools. My staffy mix prefers this to the duck and rice version too. Very happy.
on 2 July 2013
Hi,
Since I've had my dog, I was visiting the vet every 6 weeks to get him shots of antibiotics because of a recurrent skin rash. I couldn't insure him as it was a pre-exisiting condtion (rescue dog) and this was starting to be very expensive.
He's now been taking Skinners Field and Trial Salmon and Rice dry mix for 6 months and OMG the changes!! I haven't been to the vet since and his skin has been perfect since - No more rash or itchy scalp. I would recomment it to anyone asking for a quality food for dogs at an affordable price.
Thank you Skinners!!
on 4 September 2013
Firstly, I'll start off by saying that I never ever ever give 5 stars to anything because that would imply perfection.

The ingredients in this food are not perfect (beet pulp, naked oats) so that is my reason for my four stars.

Firstly, a bit of history. My dog has always been a picky eater since we adopted her. She has also suffered badly with chewing and licking her paws. Something which we have battled against for a nearly 3 years. We've tried lotions and potions and all types off food. You name it we've paid for it. Nothing worked. On top of that she also suffered with loose stool. So you can forgive me for being skeptical when I bought this food.

It arrived the next day through amazon prime (thank you very much) and straight away my dog was sniffing the bag and showing interest. Good start!

Upon opening the bag there was a distinct fish smell (to be expected) but no over powering, enough to get the dogs interest.

As my dog had loose stools anyway I decided to take the plunge and transfer her straight away onto this food. I would normally advice on gradual introduction.

First bowl of food she ate it all up and asked for more. She has never ever done that since we've had her!

To keep it interesting we now add a bit of water to bring out the smell and soften it up for her, and also we add a small amount of natural yogurt to it to help with her (what we beleive to be) a yeast infection.

We are now three weeks into this food and her poos have firmed up considerablly and the itching and scratching has reduced too! It's been brilliant for her.

It won't work for every dog and don't expect it to be a miricle cure but it's worked wonders for my dog.

As it's a working food she seems to eat a little less than a normal kibble and as a result we are using less food, which is another bonus.

I am really please with this product and the price is very good compaired to other foods.

Give it a try it is one of the better foods around and a decent price too!