on 7 March 2011
I started running a few months back and decided to purchase a watch that has HRM, tracks distance and pace but I wasn't prepared to spend a fortune. Garmin Forerunner 110 is excellent. It has all the features I required and for a GPS watch, it really is a fantastic buy. Very easy to use but you just have to make sure you have GPS signal before you start your run. I wear it now all the time. I have very tiny hands and wrists but, it fits fine. It has the ability to download and keep a log of your runs and activities - including maps, elevation, calories burnt etc. Would recommend this to anyone considering a HRM/running watch.
on 6 March 2011
I have recently purchased the Garmin Forerunner 110 GPS, whilst using the watch condensation appeared on the inside of the watch, this disappeared after a short time. I recently took part in a half marathon and the watch condensation remained on the watch for most of the race making it very difficult to see the watch display. This does in no way affect the downloading of information once a run has been complete. I find the watch brilliant and have no problem with recommending this watch to anyone. I have spoken with Garmin about this problem and was told this is a common problem with this watch, however I was informed that this watch has a 12 month warranty and should this problem persist a replacement would be dispatched. In summary a fantastic watch the information that can be downloaded is second to none a very good buy.
on 29 November 2013
I used to use my phone etc for GPS and constantly lost satellites or it did the thing where you ran for 100 miles an hour for a bit and messes up your stats, This watch has been reliable both on built up town runs around high buildings and out on sea walls miles from anywhere. Takes a minute to find the satellites sometimes but worth the wait.
on 28 April 2012
I bought the Garmin Forerunner 110 as a replacement for the Garmin Forerunner 405. I am delighted with my purchase.
All the functions that are missing from the 110 are the ones that I didn't use on the 405 anyway. I never did get used to the controls on the 405. I had a 205 before that and much prefer to use the buttons instead of the touch bezel.
The battery lasts so much longer as it turns off the GPS. I used to have to put the 405 on charge every day if I wanted to use it. I can easily wear the 110 every day and only charge it once a week if I am going on a long run at the weekends.
Having read the reviews I wondered what all the fuss was about with the problems connecting the charger. The 405 has 2 connection points and I never had a problem. The 110 is terrible. I have spent up to 5 minutes making sure that the charger is connected properly and charging. I then have to strategically place it somewhere that it won't get knocked before I need to use it again.
Overall I am very pleased with my 110 amd would recommend it to anyone who wants a running watch. The upload to the internet is easy and the information that can be seen online is brilliant.
I bought this from Amazon and as usual the service was faultless.
on 15 October 2011
Worn twice then returned to Amazon for refund.

First outing a 10K and according to the watch 85 calories burned?.
Second outing, despite downloading a patch to cure the problem I burnt 0 calories,but worst of all the watch face was full of condensation after running through a rain shower previously.
Very disappointing Garmin.
on 20 August 2011
Bought this watch for tracking my running and have been very pleased with it. Very simple to use - haven't had to read the instructions and have still managed to get it to do pretty much all I want. Heart rate monitor is comfortable - in fact you don't really notice it, although if you're very slim it might be a bit loose. Watch can take a while to locate satellites sometimes (>1 min) and occasionally doesn't quite get the start point right (as happened to me this morning when it started my run 2 streets away), but it is very accurate once you get going - and picks up altitude changes very well. The Garmin website allows you to very simply upload all the data and plots your pace, route, timing and HRM data. While you are running it will tell you your instant heart rate, total time and distance elasped and the pace of your most recent lap, which is plenty information for me. It doesn't give your instantaneous pace, which I've read other reviewers comment on about, but this doesn't bother me. Would certainly recommend if you're new to GPS watches and want a simple, accurate and well priced way to get into analysing your running - hours of geeky fun to be had once the running is over!
on 18 January 2011
I'm a bit of a technophobe so wasn't sure if I'd use this. However, it was so easy to set up and use. I've downloaded my runs and its great to see the routes and times. Definately recommend this.
on 2 November 2011
I bought this Garmin as the next step up from my Nike Plus watch so that I could monitor my mileage and achievement more closely, as I am planning on running my first marathon quite soon. I am realy pleased with it!! I don't have much patience when it comes to reading instruction manuals and apart from the odd glance I have been able to set up and use this watch without any bother. I chose this particular model for it's simplicicy and the functions it offers. Having slim wrists, the size is pretty ok. The strap goes small enough to prevent slipping and the face (although largish) isn't too cumbersome. All in all I am very pleased with this watch..all I need to do now is get over this annoying tendon problem so I can complete my first marathon with a smile on my face!!
on 4 July 2013
Simple to use. Compatible with Mac. Finds satelites fairly quickly. The online data analysis is outstanding. Comfortable to wear. A more detailed manual with some explanation of the data collected would have been nice. Very sensitive and accurate. The map of my route was exceptional showing the slightest movement while running along an unmarked remote sea front path. Would also be useful for walkers and cyclists. Shame it's not suitable for swimming. Good motivator. Pace can be shown in MPH. Heart monitor is essential. No 'get you back to base' directional facility. As a fitness for health tool this watch is a real advantage. Even if you don't go for a run this watch, it's associated Apps and online data factility will keep you amused for a few hours!
on 26 January 2014
Love and hate this thing all at once. It does everything you need it to be able to train and maintain a high level.

The watch works very well. Very accurate in every way. I love the "current mile forecast timer" lets you see what your current pace is on that mile and forecasted time for completing that mile-brilliant. The watch works well with the heart rate monitor.

The only bit I hate is the very accurate truth this watch tells, mileage, pace, time and distance, I am not as fast as I thought I was but then that probably is the best bit because I push myself harder than ever through my runs because I'm now fighting myself to be where I want to be.

This will improve your running pace if you let it.