Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 28 May 2011
Wonderful series. Not very much happens but thats exactly the point, and it's a testimony to the quality of the acting that makes almost nothing happening compulsive viewing. The expressions on the faces of the three main actors says a thousand words about life in this ward and the day to day drudge of what goes on. Please lets have some more episodes
on 8 May 2011
I found Getting On on the iPlayer and was hooked from the first episode.
The first time I watched it I was in stitches (sorry, no pun intended) and the second series was maybe even funnier than the first.
The characters and their interactions with one another are what make it so funny, more so than any satirical medical references.
on 10 December 2010
Beautiful observed NHS based dark comedy. All the characters are fantastic, particularly the consultant Dr Moore who gets it spot on. Very witty script. Me and my wife have been riveted to this full length series, even watched some twice. Hope there will be a third at some point.
on 7 January 2011
I enjoyed this show so much that it's hard to say in words! This is way above just comedy in my opinion.
I loved the first mini series a lot and this new full series is absolutely on the same high level (if not even slightly better). The characters are strong, well written and brilliantly acted.
I hope the next series will come out soon!!!
on 23 December 2010
One of the best things I've seen for ages, dark, humorous, touching, sad, brilliantly observed characters - a must see!
on 8 April 2011
After having enjoyed series one so much, series two didn't disappoint in any way.It was just as funny, we couldn't wait to watch the next episode.All the characters are brilliant and it is extremely well written, just hilarious.Please buy this dvd its wonderful.
on 12 August 2014
I'm a nurse , working in aged care for the last 25 years. Sorry guys, if you think this is over the top , out of proportion, be afraid, be very afraid. I sincerely hope that in my dotage, I will have a nurse as warm, real and caring as Jo Brand . God help us if or Geriatrician is Pippa. I loved this , Jo Brand is a great comedian and it would not surprise me, if somewhere in her distant past she worked in a hospital.
Beautiful scripts, gorgeous , if sometimes confronting , plots.
on 17 March 2011
Series 1 was good but series 2 is better. As a nurse myself I first watched this series on UKTV & was both irritated at first by the portayal of nurses (even though sometimes it was a bit too accurate of some) but amazed at how spot on the charecters are. I have worked with every one of those charecters at some point & laughed at the absurbity of it all. I am Australian but the show translates well to the Aussie health system especially the HR dept. Had to buy both series, Well worth a look!.
on 11 August 2013
I'm going to buy the next series too. Excruciatingly funny - real life sadness with black humour interwoven.
Brilliantly well acted. Cast all deserved Oscars.
on 31 December 2012
This is an absolute must for any fan of Jo Brand. The first series was brilliant and I have watched it again and again so I couldn`t wait to get the second series and I was not disappointed.
I never really watched Jo Brand as a comedienne but her acting in this series is second to none. The rest of the cast need a mention as all were brilliant.
I hope there will follow a series 3,4,5...................
As usual a good affordable price at £7.25 and again free delivery and fast shipping.
Thank you Amazon, always my final choice.