on 11 July 2017
This product is just plain nasty. Here is a list of issues after building and first use:
1) Supplied build instructions are possibly the worst I have ever seen for any product. Unclear, poorly photocopied and badly drawn.
2) Packaging was rubbish and some of the screws, washers and nuts had escaped
3) One of the worst bits of engineering ever, all of the bolt holes are massively oversized (they are about right for M6 bolts but M4 bolts are supplied) so the bolts just pull through when you begin to tighten them.
3a) Given the above mentioned oversized holes you could expect oversized thick washers, but no they are the same size as the head of the bolts and the thinnest washers I have everseen (less then 0.25mm thick!)
4) The cooking grills do not sit flat (and yes I did assemble it correctly)
5) The fire support grill melted and deformed on first use and then by the time it was cooled it had rusted already.

I know I bought a cheap BBQ in a hurry but a solution to the above issues would only cost a couple of pounds a unit to put right and then it would be a great party sized unit. As it is I would say it is a waste of money unless you have time (and spare bolts) to burn and treat is as a one use disposable unit, for which it is too expensive.

In short I would say please do not buy this as manufacturers should not be allowed to make products that are not fit for purpose and get to continue making them just because they are sold on line.

Amazon should be ashamed to be associated with a product like this. Is there not a vetting process about what can be sold on Amazon?
13 people found this helpful
on 30 April 2016
This product is appalling!! The quality is shocking. The metal is incredibly flimsy, the charcoal grate does not hold the charcoal (just falls through the gaps). Have lit tonight for the 1st time to entertain family and the charcoal has melted the charcoal grills!! - unbelievable!! I have now had to remove all food to the electric oven grill in my house. The charcoal has fallen to the base of the drum and this is now discolouring on the 1 st use.

Dreadful quality, very thin sharp metal, incredibley flexible - absolute waste of money and my time.

In my opinion, wouldn't buy and I am currently seeking a refund!!

V V dissatisfied!!

I look forward to speaking to customer services.
11 people found this helpful
on 8 August 2016
I did not get what was shown in the Picture!!. :-(

Cheap, Flimsy, not worth more the £30-40, Don't fall for the price Drop from over £100, you will not be saving any money as this is a cheap product, looks cheap, performs cheap and I expect it to be on its way to the skip in a year possibly two.

I bought this and was bitterly disapointed when it arrived. I will do better research next time.

On a positive note, Amazon handled my complaint excellently, quick and efficent, so are an excellent online retailer.

UPDATE 06 2017. It is now one year old, bits falling off. Won't last until next year. Will be taking it to the Tip soon. Total Waste of Money.
6 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 31 May 2018
This product is awful, the build quality is shocking, it might as well be made of cardboard. The instructions to put it together were indecipherable, and most of the screws were missing. When I did eventually get to lighting the thing all the charcoal fell through the gaps in the grates. Once lit the metal grates melted and all the paint peeled off the side and bottom. This is truly awful product, I would not recommend it to anyone.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
2 people found this helpful
on 21 June 2018
Ok so let me start with the bad points. There are only 2 that I can think are worth mentioning.

1. The user instructions are far from clear and very poorly printed for this BBQ
It doesn't have a separate CLEAR list of parts and number and types of screws. The instruction are on one page with a very unclear description of how to assemble the item.

2. See image attached one corner of the BBQ is not alligned flush so one of the screws would not fit it even when we tried to apply some force (anymore force would have damaged).

Ok so now that's out of the way, I do like the BBQ it seem quite solid and the fact it has two separate grilling areas is ideal as my sister whom I purchased this for is a vegetarian and her husband isn't, so this allows for them to be able to use one BBQ.

Good value for money. Would recommend and just be aware it's a bit of a hassle to assemble.
review image
on 25 June 2017
This item is worth £30 at the most if it wasn't for needing it for today would have returned.wrong bolts frame twisted and scratched. To add since original review. The rack designed to build the fire on as bent and twisted. Will be contacting seller for a return.
2 people found this helpful
on 24 April 2018
The product was used for the first time, after putting charcoal in to the drum, the paint started peeling off the product, I would have thought being a bbq it would be heat resistant and would have expected the paint to come off after at least a years usage but unfortunately not the case. Not worth the price for 1 time usage and price. If I knew this was the case I would have never bought it, I have pictures to prove this. I will be expecting a refund.
One person found this helpful
on 6 May 2018
Bit disappointed .Built the BBQ very easy instructions but one of the x Members the welding has come away on its stand .How did this happen maybe in Transit or the weld was not sufficient enough to hold the x bars to return this used and to attempt to take this apart again Is it worth it to return
on 7 June 2018
2 stars as poorly made, holes in wrong places, thin metal. I doubt it’ll last a single summer.

Update 1 star, it lasted 2 bbq’s, the bottom rails fell apart, was lose so tightened moderately severing nut from strut as so week.
on 25 July 2017
Quality is very poor.

Many negatives for this item.

One of the main issues is that I used this once, left it overnight in gazebo and in the morning it had started to RUST!!

Do yourself a favour... DO NOT BUY