on 31 July 2013
Premier Range's curved cooker hood is good looking and does what it says on the tin. However, their PR is non-existent if you have a problem. The LIGHTS on ours started failing after ten days and Premier just don't want to know. Very terse emails re the 'warranty' not covering the lights. But the 'Sale of Goods Act' DOES cover them, but can get no response from Premier. Therefore wld NOT recommend them to anyone.
on 22 September 2010
I was a bit wary as to buying a cooker hood off the internet but after deliberating I went ahead with my order and I have to say I am so pleased I did so. I am overjoyed with my purchase and the service was fantastic, I ordered the item on the Monday and received it the very next day. It compliments my kitchen. I would recommend to anyone looking to buy a cooker hood to definately consider this one as you will not be left disappointed!!!!!
on 23 October 2012
What a really really great cooker hood, easy to put up. Stylish and one of the best extraction rates I have seen. I havent found it noisy. lighting is great. As yet I cannot comment on one thing I dont like about it. If like me you are a bit nervous because you dont know the name. Relax it is a very good quality bit of kit, you wont be disappointed.
on 9 February 2011
Really powerful cooker hood with fast delivery. A stylish piece of equipment which looks fantastic in my kitchen. Great custom service. Really quiet too.
on 26 January 2015
Monster Chef's GLA60 recirculating hood extractor is a great product at this price tag and is well supported by the manufacturer for spares (lights, carbon filters etc.). Most of the noise that owners complain of is caused by the thin stainless steel chimney vibrating excessively because it is loosely mounted. Useful tip - I have lined the inside of the s/s chimney with synthetic foam rubber and this has reduced the fan noise significantly.

One thing to watch out for is the spot lighting. The G4 light bulbs in my cooker hood were failing typically once every 2-3 months. This was puzzling as the manufacturer's lifespan claim was 2,000 hours. Eventually, one lamp unit failed completely even though the bulb was OK. So when I took the lamp unit apart I quickly discovered why. When you install a G4 light bulb, you are pushing the bulb pins into a pair of tiny steel springs. With the intense humidity around the hood intake, these springs had corroded to the point of failure (see photo). Monster Chef were very obliging and shipped a replacement pair of spot light units free of charge. BTW, the spot light installation is not a basic 'plug & play' refit, you will have to do the rewiring yourself. So be warned if this ever happens!
on 20 September 2013
Bought this to use as recirculation unit and came supplied with the charcoal filters required which appear to do the job on the occasions I have used it so far.
Three speeds for the extraction and even on the high speed I can honestly say that it is not overly noisy. Yes it makes a noise but no more than can be reasonably expected.
Two bright halogen lamps which light up the cooking area really well.
Very stylish design and seems of pretty good quality.
Looked at several more expensive lower spec units before settling on this one based on the reviews and high extraction capabilities.
As far as fitting goes it was a bit of a pain as my sockets were farther away than the length of the supplied cable. Unit comes fitted with a standard plug and states it should be fitted within 0.8 meters of power point. I wanted mine wired in so no cables were visible so had to remove splash back, sockets etc and route cable behind splash back up to top of unit. I am lead to believe that normally a socket would be fitted high up behind the unit chimney and in this instance if it is already there this unit will take 30 minutes tops to fit. I have to say the instructions are pretty limited though and a bit of know how and practical thinking is essential.

Overall I would say this is an excellent unit and would recommend to anyone.

Service was exceptional. Arrived safely and well packaged the morning after ordering.
on 20 October 2012
I got this because of the higher than usual extraction rate. It is much more effective than our previous Diplomat hood and really pulls the air outside. However it is also much more noisy. It is difficult to have a conversation within 3 metres of the hood and I cannot hear my phone ringing when the hood is on. The extra noise is to be expected I suppose, given the extra power but I think much of the noise comes from a poorly balanced fan motor. The unit vibrates and produces a thrumming sound. THis vibration resonates through the (rather poorly fitting) chimney to amplify the sound. Our previous hood (Dimplomat) was made of heavier guage steel and the chimney was a tighter fit to the fan housing. It was much quieter than this.
All in all the extra noise makes cooking very tiring and I'm afraid I'll only use this hood when frying, it's just too noisy. I wonder if the extra power is strictly necessary?
If power is your priority then it will suit you. The free ducting kit is useful. Watch out the instructions contain an error, you cannot fit the lower chimney and then fit the upper chimney, you need to fit both then raise the upper chimney to the height you want. Also difficult to get this chimney to ceiling height if you have coving (which I do), but I guess that's common with similar products.
on 24 August 2012
This cooker hood is exceptional value for money. When it was recieved it was very well packed in its delivery box. It was delivered promptly. It is easily installed as it has a 13amp plug which can be cut off and hard wired into a spur outlet or just plugged into a socket outlet.
review image
on 21 January 2012
I read the good reviews on this and bought one. Fantastic piece of kit at a cracking good price and Monster have confirmed they can supply any spares needed in the future. My builder also thought it was good and he has been in the trade for years.
on 15 November 2011
On installing our new cooker hood we felt it was a bit noisy so e-mailed Monster Chef. Their reply was swift and offered some advice to cure problem, which did not work, but they had given a contact phone number. I phoned and spoke to Simon who was very knowledgeable of the product and offered some further advice. Still no success, so phoned Simon at 17:30 he said he would send out a new impeller. At 11:30 next day impeller arrived, I fitted, following enclosed instructions, with out too much trouble and problem solved. Nice to know that if things are not quite right Monster Chef stand by their products. Well done and thanks to Simon.