on 27 March 2017
Had a big interest in this lady. She was the first topic that came up on my first day of surfing. Very interesting book....defo thinks she s guilty!
on 14 November 2013
Ok book- if I'm honest lots of irrelevant pages ie: history of the differential town's in the book Tec. Once author told u of the conviction that was the end of the book!
on 5 June 1999
Being from the Dallas area and hearing all of the hype made me believe that Darlie was guilty as sin . But after reading Don's book it made me believe differently. I would truly recommend this book to any one who is "into" true crime stories!!!
on 21 November 2014
Not my type
on 28 March 2014
I read this over 3 days. I have more questions than answers. 1 is there a follow up to this book.2 did she commit the crimes. 3 is she still on Death Row.
But was a good read kept me intrigued and still does.
on 12 January 2014
I'd never heard of this book or case before and just came across it whilst browsing. I have to say it made a really interesting read. Since finishing the book I have been on the net looking at the information on this case and even now I don't know who to believe.

I personally find it difficult to understand how someone could 'sleep through' an attack particularly on yourself. And regardless of what actually happened, the constant changes in the statement given would certainly raise a few eyebrows. If also, in Darlie's letters from the jail, where she stated she knew who had done it, why was this not mentioned to the police early on in the investigation so this line of questioning could be followed up? It also seems extremely unfair that people were able to 'practice' for the trial and that information was held back from the jury. Surely every single available piece of information should be provided in a case of such severity?

The thing is, we would all like to think that we know how we would act when something terrible happened to us, but we don't. Would we chase someone away first? Would we scream and call for help first? Who knows, and I hope that we never have to find out.

This book certainly gives both sides of the story without being biased and I found it extremely interesting. It's just a shame that no-one will ever really know what happened that night for definite. And those 2 little boys will never get to grow up which is the biggest tragedy of them all.
on 5 March 1999
I just recently began working for the Rowlett Police Department. This case is absolutely intriguing! I AGREE with the things brought out in the trial about the police officers' mistakes. It's true - they were not experts in taking evidence and investigating a homicide. BUT that does not change the guilt of Darlie! I bought this book to see what Don's take on it was... and I must say: this is the most poorly written book I've ever read! Don obviously is sickeningly one-sided, chooses to leave out things, misspells things... especially irritating was the mistake of the name of the Routier living room. DON - it's the "ROMAN" room, not the "ROAMIN'" room! Reading Darlie's statement should have shown you that much! Poorly edited and written by a man who obviously had no access whatsoever to the case and photos, and who slept through the trial.
on 4 December 1997
As a resident of Rowlett I found this book far to sympathetic to Darlie Routier. It is indeed a sad and very frightening story. The murdered children seem to play a secondary role.
on 9 August 1998
After reading the book, I do not doubt that the real murder is still walking free somewhere in Texas. Don Davis is not just taking Darlie Routiers side - he also points out the things that made some people think that she killed her sons. This book is not only about the Darlie Routier case. It is a cry to the world about what has happened to the legal system of the United States of America.
on 8 October 1997
Don Davis proved to be at his best when he communicates to the world what happened to my daughter in the Kerrville Courtroom early '97. He stood up against the authors who slanted their books and articles to support the incorrect verdict given Darlie Lynn Routier. He is back by the court record that will eventually shock many conservative Texas as to how confused our judical system is. Practice sessions for witness, cops that performed while in shock, so called "experts" for the state that do exactly as they are paid to do. If anyone is interested in the true courtroom facts in the Routier case, this is the book to read. I applaud him for being so brave. Darlie Kee