on 27 October 2016
watched these as a kid with my mum - couldn't remember a lot of it so it was a great delight to reacquaint myself with the characters and the stories
on 28 May 2012
This latest take on the Upstairs Downstairs theme has nothing to do with the Bellamys who lived at Eton Place but moves onto the late 1920s and 1930s up to the start of the second world war. Consequently the dyanamics of the Upstairs-Downstairs theme is quite different. The characters are interesting and the story lines draw you into the next episode. Good entertainment; I would recommend.
on 11 January 2013
What can I say? Being a thoroughbred Brit through and through anything that reminds me of those days in my beloved homeland when the world was in order is a welcome guest in my house. Makes me very homesick as I used to watch this regularly when I lived in England.
If it is so good then why only 4 stars? Unfortunately it would appear something has gone wrong when the DVDs were pressed. Some of the episodes are not in the right order. For this reason I deducted a star.
on 26 April 2017
Enjoying this box set but so many discs so have still quite a way to go.
on 22 June 2017
arrived before time and a great classic.loved every hour of it
on 11 March 2017
Another classic vintage series. better characters and story lines than much of today's offerings.
on 29 April 2017
as expected
on 27 March 2016
Just how tv show should be, Brilliant
on 23 January 2017
Thanks
on 21 May 2017
I would have given 5 stars except for the fact that the first couple of episodes are in colour and then two are black and white and then back to colour again and can't understand why