on 11 December 2012
 My radiators are a single panel compact design. There is a steel reflector within the panel as you can see in second radiator on my video. My radiators are also very close to the wall. I can not get my hand behind them. The supporting brackets are between 7-10cm below the top of each one. My cavity walls are very well insulated. But I wanted to eliminate any possible heat loss behind the radiators. I was never going to pay sixteen for them. Got a pack of three for just under ten in Lightning Sale.

Before fitting I tried to measure the speed my living room took to get to set temperature without reflectors. Starting at 11.5C it took three hours. After reflectors fitted it took two hours. Not as definitive as it may seem. Without reflectors the temperature had only just gone to 11.5C, but with the reflectors it was a steady 11.5 for a while. Having said that my living room does feel as though its heating up quicker, especially in the second hour of heating. I just wish I could feel behind my radiators to remove any doubt.

As you can see from my video I have fitted the reflectors not as per instructions. I did not use any plastic strips, preferring to pin the thick foil to the wall. I think you can get a good idea of how many radiators a pack of three sheets can do in my video. I did three but I was concentrating on being able to do two from edge to edge.

In summary I think your radiator design is crucial to your decision to buy or not. Putting a black-out blind above your radiator, if it is fitted beneath a window, also dramatically increases the speed at which the room gets warmer. In fact a black-out blind is far more useful and cost effective than the reflector behind the radiator in this case. But I am glad that I spent about three quid for each of three radiators as winter's icy grip descends upon us. It was 8C in my bedroom last night. -7C outside. Thankfully I got Silentnight Mattress 3-Zone Memory Foam Rolled Mattress, Double. Snug fit.
on 10 June 2011
Just unpacked the product and there are basically three large sheets of foil just slightly bigger than the average household radiator. As a result I've had to cobble together the off cuts like a patchwork quilt to allow a fourth squat radiator to be fitted.

So if you have a tiny radiators you will be able to do six, else its going to have to be 3 and a blue peter project for the fourth and a kiss goodbye to the other two you expected to be able to do!!!
on 23 October 2010
The product was extremely easy to fit will not know how well it performs until the winter.My only grouse is that it comes heavily folded and the instuctions tell you to remove the creases and indeed show a perfectly flat panel it would be impossible to achieve this finish without a machine press.
VINE VOICETOP 500 REVIEWERon 9 December 2012
Having just turned the heating on this year this is a going to be a bit of a tricky review as it's a little too early to judge the effectiveness of these just yet.

However, what I can tell you is that they are easy to install and I got a lot more of them than I was expecting. You get 3 sheets which is enough reflectors for about 5 or 6 radiators in all and all you need is a pair of scissors to fit them and then you're away.

You simply measure the space between each of your radiator's wall-mountings and then cut each piece of foil to the right width. There is a grid pattern on the back of each piece of foil which makes this task easy too.

Next, you're provided with a load of plastic 'clips' (for want of a better word) which, essentially, are the sort of thing you buy from W H Smiths to slide over a bundle of pages in order bind them into a booklet. You know, this sort of thing.

You fold the top of the foil over once, slip on a few of these clips to add some rigidity, and then hang them in place. A few more folds gets the drop behind the radiator right and then you're done. A certain insurance selling meerkat might call the whole process simples.

As for their effectiveness, I think I notice more heat coming of the radiators this year but I really can't be sure. Still for the money I'm pretty happy and my step dad, who builds houses so knows about this sort of thing, says they're actually pretty good (although he was speaking about reflectors generally and not about this specific brand).

Overall, I'm happy but I don't know how it will affect my bills. The company seem reputable too as they include a feedback survey in the package too, so they obviously care about their product and what their customers think... this has to be commended.
on 17 February 2013
Having read about Radflek and seen various special discount offers, I finally succumbed. . Installation was very easy. Sheets can be cut with ordinary large household scissors just sliding the blade, and because you do not have to glue anything, let alone remove the radiator, anyone can install this. All you need to do is measure the distance between the wall brackets (for which you need a good measuring tape, preferably the locking kind) and then slide onto the foil a couple of the plastic holders provided (clear instructions are included) and pop the sheet behind the radiator. You may have to trim the length if you have a skirting board to prevent it from bunching up. It is important to note that the printed-over side of the sheet is meant to go against the wall.

The only place where this cannot be used is behind the under-the-window-sill fitted radiator, where you cannot get to the brackets or indeed behind the radiator at all. So, if you have some of these, deduct them from the number of radiators you want to use this on. Also, if many of your radiators are very long in width, you may need the larger pack as 'up to six' included, in my case, some very small ones, eg. bathroom or kitchen. As it is, I ended up with just a few narrow foil strips and one plastic slide holder left. So, no need to get extra holders which are also sold, unless all your radiators are very long and you need three per sheet. Most of my radiators just took two plastic holders.

Warmly recommended, if you excuse the pun.
on 20 December 2011
I've just had this delivered - good prompt service. I'm really pleased with the product. It's really easy to fit, much easier than I'd anticipated, only took about 30 mins to fit onto 4 rad's. I've used rad foil in my last house, but had to remove the rad and then glue it to the wall. This is so simple, the clips just slide along the top and it suspends from the hanging brackets. The creases were removed with ease - just open the sheet with the crease uppermost and slide your thumb across the crease. I just went on Radflek's website and asked if they can supply me with more clips as I need 2 more, but don't want to buy a pack of 10 - they have a live chat advisor who advised to either cut one of the other clips with scissors, or to buy file clips from a stationery store. I'm going to try and "spread" my existing clips further and if more clips needed I'll get a couple of file clips. I can't recommend this product enough. I can feel the difference already!
on 9 December 2012
i bought the 6 radiator pack ,i managed to do 4 radiators 2 1200mm and 2 1000mm so not large and i only managed that by joining the off cuts to do the 4 rad so ithink youll agree its taking the p to describe it as a6 rad pack.Perhaps 6 tiny bathroom rads
on 26 January 2013
This appears to be a good product, at least it was the sort of thing I expected to get. It was easy to fit and the instructions were clear. The only real problem is that it says it fits six average sized radiators but it managed only three of mine with a small bit left over. I was unaware that I lived in a world of giant radiators. Lucky for me that I bought it in one of the Amazon daily sales for half price - so it worked out about right.
on 11 September 2012
We have not yet used this so cannot make a firm review as yet. We only moved to this bungalow recently so it will be interesting to see how well it works given that we cannot use cavity wall insulation here.
on 18 November 2011
Received my Radflek package very quickly and in no time at all, with the help of the simple instructions and the simplicity of the Design I was able to install very quickly. The weather hasn't been particularly cold so far but I can feel a difference around the radiators that I have fitted radflek to.
As per details presented by Amazon I am delighted with the Product and may consider purchasing another order for my Mother's house. I also have the satisfaction of knowing that I am saving valuable energy resources. Great easy to use Product!Radflek - Radiator Reflector Panel - 10 Radiator Pack (5 Sheets)