Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Steps Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 4 October 2013
This is a truly excellent piece of equipment, I intended to buy one just for camping purposes, but I am getting a second one for my car. It does exactly what it says it does, folds down very small indeed, but when opened up is big enough for me, I am 6 feet and 1 inch tall, and a load of equpt as well, plus it is seriously tough plastic - my fear that it would turn out to be too flimsy for any real use turned out to be very wrong. I recomend this piece of equipt to anyone.
on 20 May 2013
I purchase this item to use for a one night camp under the stars. It was very comfortable and kept me dry and warm. Overall it delivered a better nights sleep than I was expecting. There is plenty of room for you + a sleeping bag and roll matt if you want to use it as I did. If you're purchasing this item for use as a survival bag then I'm sure there'd be enough room for you + your kit whilst sheltering you from the elements.
on 7 January 2013
this is a really handy thing to have in case of emergency because you can fit inside it with your sleeping bag and belongings. therefore you can keep clean and dry even in a ditch! as described and a good price
on 23 May 2013
Given the nature of this product there is not much to say. It's a large plastic bag, you get into it to keep the elements off you so that you don't die of exposure. This one includes some good advise for surviving in the open. This particular example is indeed a large plastic bag. You can get into it (I am over 6 foot tall, and I managed to get into this whilst in a sleeping bag) It is not complicated, but is a useful and lightweight item. Essential if you are planning any hiking or cycling expeditions into the country side.
on 11 July 2014
I bought this with the sole intention of using it as a rucksack liner for a weekend away as it was forecast to be wet.
Folded it over on itself twice it fits with lots of room in a 120 litre British Army Bergen.

Pretty durable material and will revert back to its original use as a SURVIVAL bivvi bag, If ever required. Could also cut it at the edges and use to to make a rough bivvi shelter/tarp, it's pretty big.

Anyway, not a bad product really I was pleasantly surprised by the quality.
on 2 November 2013
Exactly as described, thick and durable, sensible survival advice printed on the outside. It's about the weight of a paperback book.
on 20 October 2015
Great for stealth/wild camping. Use mine to store my pack and gear in while bivvying/wild camping. Not as thick or rugged perhaps as some makes of survival bag, but then it is slightly lighter and less bulky. And less visible! I'd still take a more hi-vis bag with me in hills or for when hiding from grownups isn't a priority.
on 20 April 2013
The delivery times were good, packaging too.
Since I bought this for my bug out bag and it was only ever intended to be for an emergency, I've happily never had to use it.
I know that makes it difficult to give a review on it's performance but I'm sure there will be plenty of field test type reviews on Youtube or somewhere like that.
I can say that the bag looks big enough to give adequate cover to an average sized chap like myself, and the plastic itself looks fairly thick too.
If I was in an unfortunate situation and my life may depend on having to stay dry and warm, I would be glad I had this with me.
This would give me the extra edge in cold/wet situation used with my sleeping bag and blanket, and will do until I can afford an army goretex one.
I keep this banded together with a mylar blanket and between the two of them I would hope that would be enough to keep me alive should it come to it (of course used in conjunction with shelter, fire etc).
I chose this one as a replacement for the orange one I had before because the plastic was much thicker. Not great for signalling, but if it came to that I'd happily wave me knickers over me head instead.
33 Comments| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 July 2016
purchased these to go alongside my survival kit, i know we all want to imagine being bear grylls and making a super hideout with a bed and woven leaf roof if we got lost or injured, but reality is getting warm and waterproof as fast as you can is easier with good preparations.

Light and robust, multiple uses.
on 19 December 2014
Really nice product, if you have never seen one before think of it as a thick bin bag you can climb into, it looks good i climbed into it and it has a good amount of room inside for larger built guy such as my self. I loved the survival instructions on the product its a nice thing to see, i would say that unless you're stuck in a nasty situation this product is 100% reusable but keep in mind that you have to rap it up from the bottom to the top so the air can escape or you will end up not being able to put it back in its bag.