on 18 December 2017
Its Neil Asher full of well-written violence and Imagination whats not to like
on 22 August 2017
complex, sometimes I have to return a few pages to remind myself of what is happening. the story threads switch quite regularly. I am still reading this book but am finding this authors work enjoyable and he writes the type of science fiction I prefer.
on 2 April 2014
If you like your SciFi to be a good long read then Neal Asher will definitely please.
The whole of the Polity universe is well plotted across at least 8 books each with over 500 pages.
I was finding that I was impatient to be home so I could immerse myself again each evening.
When you come to the end of one book you will just want to pick up the next.
on 19 September 2012
I started reading SciFi at an early age with the likes of Poul Anderson and Isaac Asimov. I have bought every single one of the Polity books one after another reading them from cover to cover in a matter of days. I particularly like the fact that the AIs in Asher's books can be thoroughly vile. You won't be disappointed.
on 14 November 2015
After mourning the loss of Ian Banks I have been delighted by Neal Ashers books. A worthy successor with imagination, inventiveness and just the right amount of background detail to leave you eager to pick up the next one. Peter Hamilton could do with reading them.
on 8 May 2008
The last book I have read of ASHERS whilst waiting for the next to be delivered. Killing off some favourite characters - nice when an author has the guts to do this. Some very interesting revelations about BLEGG and JAIN tech goes nuts as does ASHERS brain to have written this. Gripping and action packed just how I like them. Such is the description you can vsualise pretty much everything. What a way to end though without the next one in my hand waiting. Buy it
on 26 May 2016
I really enjoyed this book ,great ending and the story towards the end showed the polity as vulnerable and the AI not as clever as they first thought. Great book and worth reading although you need to read the others in the series.
on 1 August 2016
These are a great series of books I really enjoyed all his books
on 11 October 2007
A strong follow up from Brass Man. We get to learn more about the mysterious Horace Blegg and the inner workings of the Polity. Its an intriguing world, with politics and economics controlled by AIs. Almost like Plato's ideal state, except instead of a triad of detached rulers we have a multiply of AIs who, when push comes to show does not rule based on cold logic alone. This is a fantastic book and, oh the action scenes! Grand space battles with masers and tasers whizzing through space and gory close up combats. Ian Cormac and NEJ (a space ship) doing some pretty amazing stuff on all levels. I cant wait to see where this will end. I mean it, I cant wait! I need the next book now, now!
on 15 February 2015
A futuristic novel that keeps you glued to the page I have so far read two of this authors books and find that they are very good Sci/Fi.