on 22 August 2017
It's got so much colour and richness, edge-of-seat sculduggery, intrigue, glamour, insight into different worlds - I love it!! It suits a reader who likes several story lines clamouring for attention all at once. It's very well written too. I can't recommend it highly enough :)
2 people found this helpful
on 25 November 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Couldn't put it down but at the same time didn't want to reavh the end. Anothrr grest book, I thoroughly enjoyed. I would definitely recommend this book. It has so many twists and turns , always keeping you guessing. Cant wait to start reading my next book by Mr Archer. Please keep them coming. Thank You
One person found this helpful
on 12 March 2017
The whole book was gripping and there are plenty of twists and turns. Found myself getting very nervous for the accused and not sure of the final outcome.
2 people found this helpful
on 30 November 2015
Danny has been framed for the murder of his best friend , he is sentenced to 22 years of punishment . What follows is one of the best court room scenes and some fantastical and a bit too unrealistic story of Danny and his life . Couldn't put it down a d read it in one go .
If you want a very logical plot it is not for you but if you want a good easy read and you have the taste for this author's previous work then this book is for you.
on 7 March 2015
A most interesting book to read. Having been borne in the east end of London, later moving to the London subherds, I found the authors description of the people and life endured by them very interesting. It brought back a lot of memories from the past, school days and the struggle to make a decent life for families trying to manage to live well and honestly. Another brilliant book which was hard to put down. I especially enjoyed the courtroom experience of a young man, his time in prison, friends made and the plot with its twists and turns to try to prove his innocence.
on 10 October 2015
It has been over 20 years since I read a Jeffrey Archer novel and he did not disappoint! From the first page to the last I was gripped by his storytelling. You are drawn into the lives of those involved and feel for the main character Danny and those around him. It is a most compelling read and one that you can't put down! If you haven't already read it then do, you will be pleasantly surprised.
on 24 April 2018
This series of the Barrington family is one of Archers finest, I only wish they had published the whole series at once, waiting a year for each of seven books was a nuisance.
on 12 December 2014
As an Englishman, I have been brought up to value high moral standards and principals, this story explores some of the mixed values that humans live with and really pulls the reader in to following the injustices. A big association could be found with the very first JA novel Not a Penny More not a Penny Less. I do not admire Archer,s moral standards as demonstrated in the past but he is a first rate storyteller.
One person found this helpful
on 5 June 2014
I chose a five star rating for this book as I thought it was a story that kept you sitting on the edge of your seat from start to finish. Page by page you really want to know what is happening next so you find it very hard to put down. A Prisoner of Birth is another one of Jeffrey Archer's superb stories that will keep you spellbound from start to finish.
I will be recommending this book to all my book loving pals because I know they will not be disappointed.
Glenis Hayes
on 4 May 2015
I have never read a book written by Jeffrey Archer before and was pleasantly surprised to enjoy the way that he writes. Fantastic novel with an unusual story that was truly ingenious with the twists within the story. I would highly recommend to anyone what ever their usual genre was. Will definitely be trying another one of his books hoping it's written as well.