Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change
Price:£3.47+ £1.26 shipping

on 2 August 2010
This video was a travesty. There was nothing to do with the story of Noah contained in it whatsoever. Even if the bible connotation was removed, it is still - in my opinion -a badly made picture.
11 Comment| 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 December 2011
The dvd was absolutely misleading, poorly done, barely recognizable as the Biblical story of Noah, long-winded and dull. Very disappointing. The stories of Lot and Noah get mixed up. Noah doesn't seem to know why he worships God. I couldn't bring myself to finish it off - not even out of curiosity as it was so incredibly dull. A complete waste of money and time. I would have been better entertained gazing outside my window at the awesome handiwork of God's creation, (for the entire 160 minute duration!).
on 28 November 2011
I bought this for me and my grandchildren as I often buy new Christian films. We began to watch and not only was it not Biblical but it was so gratuitously bloodthirsty it wasn't good for adults let alone children. We stopped and put it in the bin. it should not be listed with Christian DVDs but under horror movies. I wished I'd read these reviews first. Thanks to all who have reviewed. I will check in future.
on 1 April 2013
This is very good story for me from my school days, and i wanted to own the film. I'm glad I found it.
on 2 December 2011
I ignored the other reviews and bought this film anyway. I thought if Jon Voight is starring then it must be alright. But... They have lumped Noah's prophethood into the same time period as Lot, rather than Abraham being Lot's contemporary. We couldn't even finish watching it. It was dreadful. Yawn.
on 19 January 2015
I purchased this NOT because I am a Biblical scholar, nor that Christianity is a topic of [my] daily conversation.

I bought this because of the actors and actresses in it---ALL favorites.

This is a popcorn and soda mini-event, and, is presented as light entertainment with----in MY opinion----a closer
story line to MY interpretation of The Bible than the Rabbi-interpretation in the newest NOAH movie with the Golem-like
Stone monsters... that----in MY opinion----reminded me MORE of a TRANSFORMERS sequel, with a FLOOD event
thrown in as a bonus. Bah!

I prefer light, wholesome, entertainment such as this... sometimes the one-liners were side-remarks a-b-o-u-t the
LIBERTIES that were taken with the story*... when Noah comments that "some people will say we WEREN'T in Sodom..."

*= denotes I do NOT recall Noah saying ANYTHING in The Bible.

Additionally, since over two-hundred (200!) countries/peoples have ancient recorded histories of flood, so-called, "myth-events",
one COULD see how there C=O=U=L=D have been Black "Noahs"... Chinese... Indian... Native-American... Nordic-types...
on 24 February 2011
dont bother. doesnt follow the script as seen in the Bible. Even apart from that, its not very good at all.
on 21 January 2014
Really really good, like that one, very good, , dvd is very good quality.
I like a lot this dvd. god so cool.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 May 2014
Compelled to write something about this film---but 'JUST AWFUL' is probably the kindest I can begin with.i am just about coming to the end of this dreadful movieBadly acted,the story is not even accurate really[apart from Noah ,the Ark and some water] and as for the length of it well---could have,should have been over in an hour[and thats being kind].Now,call me a 'spoil-sport,'lacking imagination,or just intolerant B U T a group of people by the Ark,singing'WATER,WATER EVERYWHERE'just doesnt cut it for me!!!I had no idea the film was going to attempt comedy and even that purile attempt made me cringe.Terrible,awful,dreadful, wooden, pathetic acting---O.M.G.!!!!It just goes to prove-to me anyway-that there are some people who will do A N Y T H I N G for a quick,easy buck.I am actually not surprised at all really.DO NOT BUY THE DVD,DO NOT RENT THE DVD,DO NOT BORROW THE DVD EVEN!!!IT IS ABSOLUTE,UTTER AND COMPLETE RUBBISH.
on 15 September 2010
I bought this for my 6 year old grandson as he was keen to learn about Noahs Ark. Apart from the animals I found it boring. It was labelled as a block buster movie, it didn't bust any of my block's....sorry