on 11 November 2007
I can't argue with the sound of this music. It is all of the highest quality.

Tuxedo Junction always makes me smile, as do most of the other tracks. I would suggest people hunt out the three 'And Friends' albums, as I reckon they could pick those up for not much more than this best of, and have three times as much music, without missing much.

The only issue I have with this album (hence missing the fifth star) is that there is not much incentive to buy this album if you already own the three aforementioned 'And Friends' albums. A better idea would have been to do a retrospective of Jools' solo (or non Squeeze) career, which spans the best part of 25 years, thus giving more 'new' material to more people.

That said, the music is all good, and if you want to smile like a loon, and dance like one too, this album is for you!
on 27 February 2016
The CD played with excessive crackling and distortion making it impossible to hear. This is not good for Amazon and not what I would expect I bought it from other retailers and had the same problems. It seems that an entire production run has been corrupted.In the end I sent it back and bought it from the iTunes store Perhaps I am just unlucky as most reviews are positive.
on 9 August 2011
All the Holland tracks bar 2 have been issued before so the real incentive is for the 2nd CD.
As its a German label who issued this there's no concern about whatever was released
Though its bad enough having to put up with a non runner like Shane McGowan it could have been worse if they'd included Amy Winehouse or the Libertines who've also been on Later
on 8 December 2011
This is an excellent collection of Jools Holland with a variety of international artists who do not loose their singing styles alongside a great musician. I also enjoyed the DVD and would certainly purchase any DVD that gives full videos instead of the clips in this one.
on 9 May 2010
If you like Jools' work you will love this collection of songs. If you have not been a Jools fan up till now, this could well convert you!!
on 6 February 2013
A wonderful collection of different artists working with Jools Holland to produce wide range of brilliant but varied styles. As I do not like all the styles, I give it 4 stars, but that is just down to my musical preferences, not the quality of the music.
on 18 October 2007
This is my first Jools Holland album, i only got it today and so far i have not stopped playing it. Excellent music, tuxedo junction is ace. I'm gonna share this with the neighbourhood so loud, i absolutely love it.
i'm going to buy more when i get paid.
22 Comments| 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 May 2014
For me this is an excellent blend of musicians. My personal favourite is Put A Spell On You with Mica Paris and David Gilmour. In my opinion I would give some of the tracks five stars and none less than four stars.
on 2 January 2014
I have this playing in my car and my grandchildren love it and ask me to switch it back on, if I have switched it off to hear one of them
on 24 February 2013
Jools Holland at his utmost best, what a player and performer. He is a master of jazz and blues and rock and roll.