Customer reviews

Ommadawn
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 6 July 2017
I bought this because I first listened to Mike Oldfield when I was 14 years old. I suppose it was just reminiscing the past. Tubular Bells was the first music piece and then Ommadawn. Ommadawn is music created By mike Oldfield that reaches deep within the soul. You can tell there is something special going on when you get that shiver up the spine with certain pieces of art given to us. Ommadawn does that for me . The man has been given a wonderful gift of music and I am so glad that in this small fragment of life , I got to hear Ommadawn. I believe music is different for everyone, but for me I love this music. Thank you Mike Oldfield and it is great to get it downloaded so quick.
on 16 November 2013
For me, this is the classic Oldfield album - much more interesting and direct than Tubular Bells. The trick here is the use of eclectic musical influences especially the African drummers on Part 1 and the Celtic sound prevalent on Part 2 thanks to the Uillean pipes of Paddy Moloney. Oldfield is, quite simply, a genius on this recording and I heartily recommend it to lovers of instrumental music.
on 6 April 2017
I think this must be mike oldfields best albums and underrated. I've not stopped playing it since I recieved it. It's very consistent and has some wonderful and beautiful melodys. It's the first time I've listend to it in 30 years. It has overtaken tubular bells in my affections. But it! You won't be disappointed.
on 18 August 2017
A beautiful album that shows off Mike Oldfield at his sublime best.
on 5 September 2016
thoroughly enjoying listening to this - been after it for years
on 1 September 2017
Excellent record, I bought the CD for convenience as the LP was getting old.
on 3 April 2017
Nice to hear again
on 20 June 2016
Class album
on 15 October 2017
Great
on 11 November 2016
One of my favourite Mike's albums so I'm happy the CD is in my collection now.