on 8 February 2013
Hi,
This toaster is good . It has many functions. It will cope with most thicknesses of bread. It is settable for "done ness" of the toast. Both sides are independently set. Easy access to crumb trays make cleaning easy. A gentle wipe with an almost dry cloth works well. Remember to unplug it first.

It toasts evenly on all settings and has a very useful "Lift & Look" function. An excellent feature.

It looks good but I have given it only 4* as it does, to me, feel a little on the plasticky side and the exterior does get hotter than any of my previous toasters. However it's light (as a result of the plastic feel I presume) and should last a good while. I will be pleased if it's still functioning in four years.

BFJ
on 26 March 2012
Very good toaster. Toasts my bread quite evenly, especially when compared to other toasters like this. Speed wise is on par of standard toasters. Lift and look functionality is quite handy as well for timing the perfect toast. Feels well built, not cheap looking but doesn't quite have that nice stainless steel look, I think the stainless steel is quite thin but at this price it does well enough - blue toast like is great. Bread slots are of a decent size, my chunkily cut bread fits in. Unsurprisingly it ts quite a big beastie, so need some space for it.
on 20 July 2017
as described
on 30 May 2014
It's nice and does the job well. As a retired fire officer I don't like using toasters underneath kitchen cupboards so because of its size it's awkward to find a permanent place for this on our work surfaces.
on 12 September 2013
Very good toaster, lift up for quick check, press button eject system. Cooks bread well.
Not much else to say really... Just filling in space now so I can submit this review.
on 14 December 2014
A real nice toaster for the money
on 15 August 2011
I debated whether to order this toaster as it is fairly expensive compared to many of the other ones available on the market. However, it had some good reviews so I thought I would treat myself.

The toaster arrived very well packed and protected, there was no way it could get damaged in transit. On unwrapping the toaster I was impressed at how great it looked. It positively shone and sparkled in my kitchen (making my other gadgets look tired and worn).

Because it is a four slice toaster it does take up quite a lot of counter space when compared to a two slice toaster.

It was very easy to use, although it comes with an easy to read manual I just plugged it in and got going on my first piece of toast. You can do two sets of two slices independently of each other - great if you and the other person like your toast done differently. This was a great feature as I have always used a two slice toaster in the past and have had to let one set of toast go cold while I was making the other set of toast. With this toaster I can now sit down and eat my toast at the same time as my husband.

There are three buttons on the front, one to toast frozen bread - handy if, like me, you keep bread in the freezer to keep it fresh. The second button is a warming button. If for some reason you make your toast and get called away you can easily reheat it and not have to chuck the cold toast away. The third button is the cancel button in case you want to stop the process part way through.

One nice feature I found was that the slider enabled you to raise it up so you could see how the toast was progressing rather than on previous toasters where I have had to cancel it to get it to pop up just so I could look and see if it was cooked.

The only downside to this toaster was that it seems to take significantly longer to toast the bread than any other toaster I have used in the past.

Overall, a little pricey but a very aesthetically pleasing product with the main features that you would expect from a toaster.
11 Comment| 158 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 October 2012
Having owned the world's worst toaster anything was going to be an improvement and this certainly is.

It looks much better than the photos suggest and is stylish without trying to place functionality as an afterthought.

The lift and look feature is a genuine benefit and not just a gimmick and the browning dials are easy to use and their effect on the finished slice is easy to judge.

The slots really are bigger than most, being able to take the length of on uncut loaf slice and the width if you go for a "doorstep".

Perhaps most important, the toasted slice is is nice and even across both sides regardless of which slots are used (from me, that is a compliment as I am fussy).

If I have a gripe it is the speed of toasting - nowhere near as bad as my old toaster but not super quick either, hence 4 stars rather than 5.
44 Comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 November 2012
I bought this toaster to replace an old Tefal toaster that we had for a very long time.To be fair I had a £10 Amazon Gift Voucher towards the cost of the toaster so did not pay full price for it.
It toasts really well and makes a nice job of toasted bagels and thicker slices of bread.For toasties I use the little bags where you put the sandwich in to be toasted and the slots are a good size for these too.Making four slices of toast at once is really handy,and it is great that it has independent settings,if one person likes their toast browner than the other you can set one side of the toaster to dark and one to lightly brown the toast if you so wish.I am really happy with this toaster but there is one thing I would like to warn people about.
The outside wall of the toaster gets incredibly HOT! If you have toddlers or young children you would have to keep them away from this while it was on or they really would get a nasty burn.I do not have young children in the house so this was not an issue for me,but felt it best to warn people who do.It is the one downside to the product,it could have done with a 'cool wall' material on the outside.Other than this it is a good toaster and my family like it too.
on 30 October 2013
Never had a 4 slice toaster before. Not having much worktop space I was wary of it taking up too much room and had read some reviews saying it takes up too much space but I'm actually pleased with it. It fits in the same space as my previous 2 slice toaster and doesn't seem that much bigger, plus it looks nice!

Yes the toast seems to take longer to toast but it's not a problem. I do find I have to have it on the higher setting to get the browness I like on my toast.

I like the 'lift and look' feature as I think that was one of the things that broke my previous toaster..my kids pulling up the lever to look to see if the toast was browned sufficiently!

I didn't purchase this from Amazon but did pay the same price which I think is good value.