Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Discover more Shop now

on 20 May 2010
Ordered on the Sunday and it arrived on Wednesday, so service was excellent on free Super Saver Delivery. Fairly straightforward to get the stand assembled and it looked good even before I switched it on. Looks classy with the minimalist border around the screen.

Start-up menu could have been explained better but soon had all the Freeview channels stored. The picture was good enough on standard definition but nothing could have prepared me for the clarity and detail of High Definition through my Sky+HD box. Colours were pure and punchy and sharp both for sport and nature. Sound from the TV was far better than I expected though I will get a Dolby Digital system later.

All in all, for the price you should not hesitate if you're thinking of a TV this size, especially with the World Cup coming up.
on 12 October 2010
What a fantastic TV, easy to set up and wall mount! Picture quality superb and sound awesome.
on 2 August 2010
Got this Tv after a bit of research, this was easily the cheapest I had seen it and for It looks great! for a 50'' tv, i would recommend this to any one. I also purchase the hdmi cable and wall bracket in a package deal, everything arrived fast within few days. impressive nservice and overall very happy with products purchased and service recieved.
on 12 September 2010
After creating a cinema room in my house I just needed a suitable tv.
This plasma was on offer at [...], I hesitated buying for some reason then after an internet search for the cheapest price, Amazon came up tops. (£50 off [...] offer price)
They promptly delivered a superb tv.
If you are in any doubt as to wether you should buy or not, then let me tell you with just standard freeview "who needs hd"? its just fantastic picture quality, the only down side being the onboard sound quality.
Overall.... "just buy it"
on 21 October 2010
Brilliant purchase, fantastic quaility of picture, lots of menu's to suit what your to watch, but not overly technical to drive you up the wall. My brother thought it'd be to large for the room it is in and that you see pixels due to distance to size, but no such thing with this, he also couldn't belive it was a Plasmer for the price paid. Also I must add of the excellent customer service of Amazon as the first tv set was broken with a cracked screen, DHL collected the damaged set next day and new set arrived first thing the day after. And with above is absolutely brilliant.

An excellent purchase.
on 7 June 2010
this is a great tv , i view it using a sky box so have not used the freeview.ok so its not full HD but honestly you will not notice the difference.i sit 4 meters from it and at that distance it is stunning ,that said you could view it quite alot closer.blu ray looks great on it as well as games through the xbox 360.i found the colours way off so i set it up with DVE HD BASICS dvd and now have a really natural image.the usb port can be used to watch films,photos and play music through the excellent built in speakers.all in all i cannot rate this tv high enough.
on 22 November 2010
Let's start talking about the delivery.
The first TV that I received had the screen cracked, it was a huge crack that started from one of the top corners of the screen and it was going all the way down to the opposite side of the screen passing by the middle of it.

I contacted Amazon and they promptly replied saying they have sent a new TV and they would be collecting the damaged TV.
After few other problems with the delivery such dates that didn't match with my days off and the impossibility of rearrange the delivery by contacting the carrier beforehand to let them know nobody would be at home I finally receive it but, I believe nobody wants see a big TV being loaded in the van and having a "nice trip" around the town to arrive at your place just to go back to the depot.

It's ridiculous the fact they, City-Link, are not able to change the delivery date even if you call them beforehand! I contacted them and the TV wasn't even in their depot yet (but I had the track number already, thanks to Amazon website). It's just a waste of time for the driver, waste of petrol and the risk of breaking your stuff.

Apart from that, Amazon customer service was great as usual. Quick response and actions taken to help me were fantastic.

Now about the TV, again, the second arrived one week after I ordered and the box looked even worse than the previous one looked. On the top of it you could see that in somewhere, someone has been dragging the TV box upside down, it was dirty and scratched, clearly someone did that instead of lifting it up on the right position.
I opened the box expecting another broken TV bur, for my surprise, this one resisted to all bad handling that had before and seemed okay.

To assemble it you might need help, the TV is quite heavy and you might have some problem to lift it up and fix it on its base stand. After about 10 min (assemble + connecting cables) the TV was ready.

Once switched on the configuration is very simple, the TV screen shows you what to do, so no problem there, once the channels were found I could start to enjoy it.
The TV is great, beautiful, a real bargain for the quality that you have with it.

The picture quality even though not Full HD is amazing, the colours are strong and the image is crispy, playing Xbox was definitely a different experience compared to my last TV (32" and HD ready with two years old).

The speakers from the TV are also good, nothing special there, they just do their jobs as you should expect.

You also have a lot of connections on the back and side of the TV, surely you will be okay with them.

It's definitely a great deal, as I said before a bargain for the quality product that you are getting, just be aware about the delivery, it was the only issue I had and it wasn't nice.
on 6 January 2016
I found that this tv didn't have enough quality to perform well with a 50 inch screen. It suffered from a bit of motion blur and you could see the pixels from 1-2 metres away.

It was easy to set up and had great menu systems, but I would pay a little more for a better quality TV.

When buying tv's look at what the processing rate is. You want that to be as high as possible! Hope this helps!
on 27 July 2010
Stunning picture, great value for money, fast delivery, and the realisation of a long awaited want.
I highly recommend this TV.
on 27 January 2011
As another poster referred to, my tv was also smashed when I first received it. Although, as expected, Amazon replaced it immediately no questions asked, the only problem was on first class delivery it took a week to arrive!

This is a very good tv, set up is a gift, for close up shots it is absolutely perfect, but on shots from distance items are not as sharp as they can be. When watching the snooker I noticed the balls were not that well defined on the full table camera angle.

Another review refers to the power cable, which is far too short if you are going to have it on a stand. My main problem with this tv is using it with my ps3, the tv cannot handle going from one output (say ps3 game to iPlayer to blu ray)the screen goes blank, and you then have to reset the video output factory settings on the ps3 which is very annoying.

There is also pretty bad screen burn when an image or logo has been static for a couple of minutes, but this is to be expected with a plasma.

It may not sound like it, but I really do enjoy watching my new tv.