• Customer reviews

VINE VOICEon 24 July 2017
Until recently I was happily using third party compatible cartridges which gave much better yield and comparable quality prints at about the same price as these.

Since HP made alternatives unworkable I have had no choice but to purchase these official cartridges. They work fine – as they damn well ought to – but they don't last as well as my favoured alternatives; that HP and all the other printer companies allegedly under-fill these items is a common belief; I have seen no evidence to dispute that rumour.
These are okay, but I buy them knowing that better-lasting performance is possible but isn`t available to consumers for a reasonable price.

High cost consumables don`t inspire brand loyalty; when my HP printer packs in I'll go with a different company.
on 10 December 2010
My printer used to devour the smaller cartridges so when I discovered this jumbo sized cartridge I gave it a try. I have not bought any other cartridge since. It does exactly what it says on the package, it gives a high yield. I also use its sibling colour cartridge 351XL which is also an excellent product. I always get these products through Amazon but beware of Companies who show them at a low price but charge you a high price for postage.
0Comment| 66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 26 June 2015
Purchased this as a genuine HP product. However I had purchased it in readiness for a cartridge that was indicating that it was low on ink. When this eventually proved to be the case I replaced it with what I thought was a genuine HP cartridge replacement. It didn't work, with everything showing as very "green" in hue. It wasn't printing any blue in the colour mix. I removed the cartridge and replaced my old one after having given it one more good shake. It printed the photo colours correctly. The correct colours should be Red, Yellow and Blue. A wipe of the new cartridge on to some tissue revealed that the colours inside the new cartridge were Red, Yellow and Green! A wipe of the old cartridge showed the correct colours of Red, Yellow and Blue. So I have a sub-standard 'genuine' HP product. When I went to return said product I find that it should have been returned at the latest 4 days previous as of the 22nd June 2015 and that I am no longer entitled to return the item. So I am extremely fustrated, to say the least with this situation, that an item sold directly by Amazon of a genuine HP cartridge replacement which now leaves me completely out of pocket. I believe this is completely against the Amazon ethos. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT AS YOU ARE NOT GUARANTEED TO RECEIVE A 100% ACCURATE ITEM DESPITE THE AMAZON LISTING. I have attached a photo of the tissue smears clearly showing the incorrect inks. The one of the left being my correct and original HP cartridge and the photo on the right showing the incorrect new 'genuine' HP cartridge. I rest my case!
review image
on 3 June 2016
Genuine inks are the only inks that won't cause problems with an HP printer as the printer heads are part of the cartridge. I have always had to go through a procedure taking ten minutes resetting my printer before every use when I had refills fitted. Now only genuine ink for me
on 18 December 2012
These XL cartridges are much better value for money than the standard cartridges, but they are still far too expensive. Sadly all manufacturers play the same stupid game of discounting their printers, then overcharging for consumables. It is bad for everyone involved and for the environment. The same problem also exists with laser printers, so as unhappy consumers we are in an impossible situation.

All I can do is to mark this product down on its price.

I do advise everyone to stay away from so called compatibles, because they will not work properly if at all. You might just persuade one to run if each time, you stand on your head singing the Russian anthem backwards whilst completing the Times crossword. Even then there is little guarantee how long they will last, or what the quality of the ink is in them. The ink may look O.K. when printed, but how will you feel if your colours are fading away after a couple of weeks?
on 18 December 2012

All I can do is to mark this product down on its price.

on 9 February 2015
Very disappointed - put the new BLACK ink cartridge of this combo in today and the printer would not print, aligned and all the rest of what you are supposed to do - and still no joy. Put the colour one in some time ago - no problems, but because I was using the XL black cartridge did not need to change at the same time. It is not the printer as I put the old XL black back in and had no problems.

Although I bought the pack some time ago - as far as I know there is no 'best before' notice and as the Black was still in sealed envelope should have worked properly.
on 12 April 2015
Sometimes buying a genuine product can be an expensive but satisfying experience. The good news is that this product wasn't that expensive and was yet satisfying. All i had to do was to put the cartridge in my printer and it started working straight away ( Never had to even align it ). A reasonably priced product which wont disappoint you at all. My ink levels did drop a bit after printing out just over 20 pages and it goes to show that if you are going to print a lot then you might as well go for the XL Cartridge. I print occasionally so this one fits fine for my needs. Highly recommended!!
on 20 March 2013
I bought a cheap £50 scanner printer all in one. If I had bought one with seperate colour ink refills I would have been wiser and maybe the black would last longer as well.

This is original ink, at a lot less than bricks and mortar cost.

I am happy it works but sad I have to pay a fortune for refills at all! Should, ought to be open stopper and buy a little bottle and pour in refill ink, you'd think?

Such is design in the modern age - cars, cheap Fords and the like, last longer than three years more like 10 years but other consummables...

So I am very happy with seller and their service but grumbling cuz I am that way inclined lol where's my guitar I feel a tune coming on?

I recommend this seller and would happily buy from them again.

It is ink, it does what it is supposed to when asked.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 14 July 2013
bought this ink for my printer
it worked at first, but after I have printed few documents, the next day I wanted to print something it didn't work
However, I have had contacted the supplier and they were excellent to help me out, after few days of deal with it they agreed to send them back for an exchange (I still need to send the cartridges). love the service and the way they are dealing with any matter
so: 5* for service and courtesy
3* for the product which was faulty (again, we can fund faulty product, everywhere)
5* for delivery