on 31 December 2017
Beware, this is no longer the same product that has been reviewed by others! This is now only 2wd not 4wd as advertised. I bought one for my son last year and it has been a great little car. My nephew loved playing with it so I decided to buy him one for Christmas this year. What arrived is a much cheaper slower car that is only 2wd. They have obviously removed the front motor to save money. However, this makes it a much lower quality product. Do not waste your money. My nephew doesn't know the difference as he is only 4 but it very much doubt it will last very long. For reference, the one with 'Bone Crusher' on the side is the 4x4, the one with 'Off Road Go!' Is the inferior rubbish you get sent now. Not impressed.
review image
on 29 December 2015
Always unsure about stuff like this, but the Rock Crawler Jr. is really outstanding!

We've tested this on very rough, former mine workings in cold weather, steep slopes, and even in reasonably deep water. Works its way through them all!

Battery life is much better than expected, given the terrain this unit's been tested on. A new set gives roughly an hour of hard off-roading from this unit, helped by being a very lightweight construction. Takes rough and tumble from height easily.

Probably the best value for money R/C unit you can get!
on 29 March 2016
The truck is quite well made and it tackles very rough terrain. However I bought a second one as replacement for the first one as a wheel broke off while a friend played with it. I had not seen it, so I was not sure about how much force had been used. But on the day that I received the second one, the same thing happened. My son trew it into the floor from about 3ft and one of the front wheels snapped off. So it is not a very sturdy car and I would not recommend it for heavy handed 6 year olds.
review image
on 20 August 2016
A little disappointed with the actual controller itself as I was expecting more control over the car, also it's quite tough to move, my thumbs were aching after 10 mins of playing with it! But the car itself is pretty awesome, climbs over shoes with ease, only rolling onto its back a couple of times! It's good value for money but I would definitely expect a better controller as I don't like the plastic controls.
on 7 December 2015
Got it, drove it, set up a little track in my garden, very good for the price you pay, have gone on to but better RC cars but this is still a cool little car that I will pass on to my kids when they are old enough, my boy (2) does quite get the idea that pressing up on the lever makes the car go forward, keeps putting the controls down and proceeds to just push the car around.
on 28 July 2017
These chaps are awesome - bought 2 with different frequencies - they don't go fast, but they go everywhere, over grass, gravel, mud, sand etc... Batteries seem to last for a decent amount of time too.
on 19 October 2015
Bought this as a present for my nephew, Knowing Maisto for its car models I used to collect I was sure about this brand.

Remote controlled car is well made, but controls are very unsteady, there is no way to drive the car in the straight line. It just turns left or right itself, turning is also very sketchy. At this price I expected bit more.
on 25 October 2016
Very wide turning circle and tyres aren't too grippy, but overall a decent distraction for a 3 year old.
Avoid letting the little devil's from picking it up by the aerial as the wire casing has split.
on 26 February 2018
Really good car. My 2 year old nephew can easily control this and it goes over objects and up ramps really well. Even taken it outside and runs well on grass
on 10 March 2016
Purchased as a gift for Christmas, I was told it's best present ever. Bare in mind the present was for a grown man but still he loved it. Very good in grass muddy areas better than expensive ones I've tried.