Customer reviews

on 15 July 2010
I specialise for one of the big 4 accountancy fimrs on programme and project management, working on large IT and regulatory change. Frederick P. Brooks' Mythical Man Month is the most important book I have read within my field (along with Code Complete, Rapid Development and Software Estimation - all by Steve McConnell, the Project Management Institute's PMBoK and Harold Kerzner's Project Management text book).

Thus I was very much looking forward to this book. Sadly, it is not in the same league. The author's obvious talent does shine through, but not in a way that that a lesser mortal like me could derive tangible benefit from. IMHO, there are better books to be found on design (such as the Design of Everyday Things, by David Norman).
on 28 February 2017
I wish I had read this earlier. It is an amazing book and as a software engineer you owe it to yourself to read this. To much these days people say "the code is the documentation", but the code doesn't include all the roads-not-taken, and often when someone new comes to a piece of software they end up reinventing all the mistakes of their predecessors because of this lack of communication. This book should be compulsory reading for anyone who is allowed to touch software in our society. And I am deadly serious.

I'm off to read it again.
on 18 February 2015
not much to comment on really, 94% of IT is dead, meaning 94% of MD's have been kicked out for being fake.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse