on 24 January 2011
I was given those gloves for Xmas to use with my wood burner in my home in France and they are amazing. Easy to put on, I can put logs into the fire with no problem and the cuff comes high enough not to burn myself on the wrist. My French neighbours are so envious I am going to give them a pair too. Handy for the oven, bonfires too and look forward to use them on the barbecue. All in all a good idea, maybe a tad expensive.
on 14 September 2011
I'd been searching the shops for thick double oven gloves (most being thin and wear quickly), but only the single gloves came close to what I was after. These are ideal - washable, sturdy, good quality. They even came in the color advertised which often isn't the case. I cannot feel any heat through them, which for me is the point, although my elderly Mother wasn't impressed stating she liked to feel a bit of heat so that she knows she's still got hold of the cooking tray! For me, this item most defiantly gets five stars.
VINE VOICEon 27 January 2014
These are fun to look at and functional. They are fully washable and I wash them a couple of days prior to baking for the market so they are always pristine and they are up to the job after heaven knows how many washes. I do follow the instructions which tell you not to tumble dry them and to use a cool ish wash temp which I am sure helps.

One thing you need to be aware of when using them is don't let them get wet when using. If you do, the water seeps through and you can get burned, so you do need to be a bit careful when using them. I imagine there may be oven mitts that are waterproof so I mention it in case you think you are likely to be getting them wet in use.

But the dexterity you get while using these is fantastic, you are not likely to damage soft biscuits while moving trays for example, and I would not go back to using an oven mitt.
on 15 November 2011
I received my first two pairs of Glovens in August. We have a bbq catering company/ competition team and are regularly moving coals/ meat/ hot BBQ's around when we are vending. The 'feel' you have using Glovens is incredible - it makes our life so much easier rather than struggling with tea towels of standard oven gloves that are often not long enough to wrap around BBQ grills. Having used them for a month we decided to order an additional 3 pairs of gloves for the remainder of the team - with our team logo embroidered on the front. Communication with the company has been been excellent and we would highly recommend as a fantastic present for Christmas for any person who bakes, bbq's or even when using a wood burner.
on 11 September 2011
Thank you for the prompt service and delivery of both pair of my gloves, and would just like to say they do the job excellently and I am very pleased with the service and quality. I will certainly recommend your company to my friends. And I hope to use you at Christmas with gifts for friends.
on 7 May 2012
Had these for about 2 months. They work really well, can't feel any heat through the gloves. They fit my big mitts as well as my wife's petite hands.

The really great thing about these are the fingers. Makes it so easy to manipulate hot surfaces with ease. Definitely recommend.
on 18 December 2011
These gloves are one of the best things I've ever bought. You have every finger available (whereas all other gloves are like mits so difficult to pick things up) and you cannot feel a single bit of heat through them. Excellent, definitely recommend. 5 Star!
on 11 May 2012
These oven gloves are fantastic. A good looking design and so much easy to use than tea towels or older oven gloves. Anyone who is thinking of replacing their old, dirty gloves should go for this product!
on 15 June 2014
Dangerous gloves the only reason they get one star is because I couldn't give then zero. heat gets through them very quickly so much so I dropped a pan I was taking out of the oven and burnt my finger badly. Worst gloves I have ever used.
on 8 September 2014
Wonderful. i have had both the adult and childrens gloves for over 2 years. They are still brilliant. They wash really easily and still are like new. The colour and quality still remain excellent. The gloves seem to have molded to my shape hand so the grip is ideal.
Gloven themselves have great quality staff contact. I think they make an ideal christmas gift for everyone. The young child learning to cook like my 6 year old grand daughter ( Gloven for kids sizes) to me and my husband. The older generation will love them as they are even great with fragile hands as they are much less clumsey than oven mitts .They are worth every penny as they have lasted me 2 years already and I use mine every day, I can anticipate them lasting a long long time.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse