Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop now Shop now

Your rating(Clear)Rate this item


There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.

on 11 April 2012
This stuff is brilliant for cleaning! Unlike bleach it doesn't corrode metal so is great for killing the mould on our 1970's metal windows. It's safe to use on taps and stainless steel sinks and just about anywhere you want to degrease and disinfect. It's the same stuff used in hand hygiene gels and the little swabs applied to the skin before taking blood.....but at a 99.99% concentration. It evaporates quickly so the smell won't linger but like any organic solvent the room should be well ventilated during use. You can also use it on windows, for degreasing electrical/computer components...even inkjet printer heads. The 5 litre container is brilliant value and arrived promptly and very well packaged by courier. Keep in mind it is highly flammable so must be stored out of sunlight, preferably in a cool cupboard. I started off ordering by the 1 litre bottle but it's been so useful I've graduated to bigger quantities.
0Comment| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 May 2013
Really good for removal of thick viscous liquids from the sides of dirty glass objects. With the use of salt as an abrasive it is much easier to remove the tar-like gloop.
0Comment| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 July 2013
Honestly i use this on the summer grass bugs coming in the house to disturb you in the evening, just spray this arround the windows and doors and leave the doors open, No Bugs / Spider would want to travell accross this boundary.
0Comment| 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 October 2011
I bought a smaller bottle of this before, as I only intended on using it for cleaning my PC parts during transplants/rebuilds. Since then it has been used for so many other applications I can hardly count. Not including wanton fire-starting (which is always handy when it comes to leaf-disposal season), its been used to clean parts of computers, cars, you name it. It's stripped paint, cleaned up dog-mess, removed the taint of garlic from a chopping boards...the list goes on!
When people talk about "stuff that is always needed to fix things" i.e. WD40, Gaffer Tape, Zip-Ties and Superglue, this should be added to the list!
0Comment| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 July 2013
This is a very good organic solvent. It dissolves oil, grease and other dirt. I mix it about 30% with distilled water and you can add a couple of drops of surfactant per litre if you like without smears. I use it to clean my spectacles, glass around the house and glass in my car. Seems to work well as a smear free screen wash, but you may need to add a little more surfactant for bug splats and tar.
0Comment| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 October 2012
A few words of caution before I write an evangelical reveiw on a product that my partner and I simply love:

1) The product, whilst leaving no residue or smell whatsoever, does evaporate fast. Quickly evaporating alcohol smells strongly and leaves you feeling light-headed if you breathe it in. So don't breathe it in and keep the windows open if you are using a lot of it to, for example, wipe down the whole kitchen.
2) It is extremely flammable so exercise common sense and caution when pouring it and subsequently storing it.
3) If you are using it for household jobs, don't use it neat. It isn't necessary to use it neat and doing so will lead to lots of alcohol fumes and acutely dried out skin on your fingers if you touch it.

We dilute this alcohol at two or three parts water to one part alcohol and this mitigates the above problems and seemingly has no negative affect on the product's effectiveness. I pour around 150ml into a 500ml spray bottle and top up with cold water. We use the alcohol in this form for the following jobs:

Cleaning counters, taps, work surfaces, bins, stainless steel furniture legs, greasy oven door and hob, sterilizing baby's high-chair and table, sterilizing wooden and plastic cutting boards, sterilizing wooden kitchen cooking utensils, cleaning windows (when used in conjunction with Karcher's window vac it's a killer combinantion for cleaing car and house glass), cleaning computer keyboards, light switches, china and metal lamps and anything else made of these materials, cleaning door handles and generally spraying down everything in the house that is touched when somebody is ill in the house, which does a great job of prevening colds etc. from spreading in the house. The diluted spray is also brilliant at knocking insects and wasps safely out of the air without spraying highly toxic and very stinky insect spray when, for example, sitting at the table for a meal. Very effective at this last job. It can also be used to knock mosquitoes off walls and ceilings whilst leaving no residue at all.

When used diluted in this way you have a few years' worth of cleaner and insect spray in the five-litre container. We started off by buying the litre containers but now know that the five-litre will be used eventually and it is much cheaper.

I will re-iterate that one should exercise the same caution as you would with any other surface cleaner and avoid skin contact as it does leave the fingers feeling very dried out, which presumably isn't very good for the skin. You could wear rubber gloves or do what we do, which is use a new bit of kitchen towel when the folded pieces of kitchen towel that you are using start to let the fluid through as you wipe the counters down.

Seriously though, this stuff is brilliant!
44 comments| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 May 2014
The strongest stuff you can buy.

I got it to soak slices of wood so that they didn't crack when they dried, and it worked great for that :D
But you can use this for anything.

Completely clear liquid so perfect for cleaning things too.

But be wary as doing anything with it inside the house will cause a very potent smell.
Use outside or open a lot of windows.

P.S. don't drink this...
0Comment| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 September 2014
Great cleaning product. I get through loads of this. I use it for everything. Cleaning the floors, washing windows, getting mould off old windows in the garage, getting rust off trampoline, even cleaning kitchen cupboards. Removes grease, stains smells, everything. Don't buy cleaning products anymore. This works great!
0Comment| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 February 2014
i'm sure the product is really good stuff and very good value for money, however i thought is was something else and have very little use for it other than as anti freeze for the car in winter!! my fault it did turn up in less than a week and it was well packed. DO NOT USE AS COOKING FUEL FOR A TRANGER!!! what a moron!
0Comment| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 May 2013
There's notning much to say about it really, it says its 99.9% alcohol ISO and thats what you get, great for a lot of things cleaning and various other applications, its cheaper to buy it in bulk rather than buying a small 500ml bottle which is the reason why I bought this. Delivery was fast to i got it within 3 days, I would definitly buy it from them again if I have to
0Comment| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

Questions? Get fast answers from reviewers

Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
See all 2 answered questions


Need customer service? Click here

Sponsored Links

  (What is this?)