Customer reviews

Total Life Forever
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 11 June 2010
Before Total Life Forever I wouldn't have considered myself a Foals fan. I didn't mind Cassius but other than that I wasn't fussed about them at all. This album however has completely changed my opinion. I love this album. The single Spanish Sahara has become one of my favourite songs ever and I could listen to it on loop for hours.
If you didn't like Foals' first album that doesn't mean you won't like their second, give it a chance and like me you may find you love it.
I am quite a big fan on Foals and having seen them three times I thought I may as well purchase their second album as well. I wasn't disappointed. It's quite different from their first album, to me it's a bit less indie and more retro. It's a perfect soundtrack to the summer. I love 'Miami' especially. The second disc in the album is a little strange and seems like a missmatch of random rifts that abruptly start and finish but I like it.
on 26 August 2010
Antidotes was one of my fave albums of 2008 and the Foals subsequently became one of my fave bands but feel a little underwhelmed by the latest effort. Sure its a more mature sound than before but cant help but feel disappointed with some of the tracks on this album.

The album starts of strong with its strongest tracks 1-4 but then seems gradually lose it by the end. Maybe after the strong start I was looking for it to go a little more upbeat but I find the 2nd half of this album dull and failing to hit the spot. Maybe the point of this wasnt to produce a instant hit but tracks like 'This Orient', '2 Trees' and 'What Remains' just cause me to hit the skip button. I think the Foals at their best are able to produce catchey, quirky tunes, paying atention to strong instrumentals and choruses but all of this is sadly missing on the 2nd half of the album.
on 22 May 2010
Some may be disappointed by the musical change of direction for the foals with this second album, but I found it to be beautiful. A more chilled out sound than Antidotes and well worth a listen.
on 9 August 2015
Great record from a great band
on 1 April 2016
Good buy will shop again
on 21 November 2014
Totally enjoying this CD
on 5 April 2011
I hate liking things that make the top of these end of year lists and this album was near the top of all of them. However, it's a brilliant piece of work with excellent melodies and thoughtful lyrics. Musically it's not ground-breaking, but a huge step up from their debut, which in my opinion was average indie-fodder. They will hate me for saying this, but in some ways they remind me of Snow Patrol, not the music as such, but with their third album they might make the stadium sized breakthrough that Final Straw was. Stand out tracks? Spanish Sahara is obvious, with it's growing magnificence - NME's track of the year. The title track is my favourite, recalling Talking Heads in their prime - really unexpected. Definitely recommend a listen to this album.
on 5 November 2014
Overall a great album, appealing to a broad range of Indie Rock/Alternative lovers.

The main album feels a lot more mellow, serious and mature over the band's first album release.

So if you are into crazed dance punk and electro-rock this one will rather disappoint you, but blends perfect into a rainy day at working in front of your computer or while chilling at home.

The Bonus disc features cuts and (out)takes? from tracks featured in full length on the main album.
IMHO nothing special, no full length bonus tracks or remixes, but I really like that digipak cover, and at the price this album is selling second hand it's a no brainer to get it over the "regular version".!
on 16 February 2017