Package Quantity: 1|Style Name: Original Packaging|Change
Price:£3.65+ Free shipping

on 17 December 2012
After having bought some other "mini side-cut" pliers for £1.99 (from a DIY shop, but they are also available on here) to trim the excess from guitar strings, I soon discovered that the guitar strings actually left circular holes in the blades of the cutters. Consequently, after a short time the cutters became useless and despite being small and neat and easily fitting in my guitar case, I threw them away.

So for a couple of pounds more I bought these cutters from Draper. I know that Draper may not be the absolute best tools in the world, but I have never had a poor quality Draper product and this was no exception. These cutters trim my guitar strings perfectly and there is no evidence on the blades that they've even been used despite having snipped at least 12 strings.

I fully recommend this product, and for similar use as mine, you won't be disappointed.
on 24 December 2013
Bought these to cut reasonably thick wire for making Christmas Holly Wreaths, they managed the job perfectly.
I didn't experience any denting on the blades (& they were used extensively) the other reviewers had & they are now packed away for next Christmas.
on 8 September 2013
I bought these for trimming guitar strings. They feel very sturdy, definitely fit for this purpose. They are also ideal for hobbyists using Airfix or other model kits - clean cutting and a good size for this. I would, however, suggest that for more heavy duty cutting invest in a larger size. For my needs, however, they are perfect.
on 27 December 2013
These were a gift for my mum who does flower arranginging. there are an ideal size for her, not too heavy and they matched the floral snips i gave her (and incidently the stanley tool box that alos came in black and yellow!) fabulous!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 2 January 2016
The cutting action is reasonable, not good as supplied. However, the tool is too tight and needed a bit of brutality to free off enough to use and a bit of honing on the cutting edges. I will keep it for emergency use of for lending out.
on 17 May 2015
For the price these are excellent. You might not want them in your main toolbox but as a spare pair or to carry around in your car they are perfect. I wouldn't like to use them on any seriously thick cable, not if I wanted the cutting edge to remain 100% sharp but my 5 star rating is based on the quality you get for the price you pay
on 20 October 2015
Feel and look solid, but struggled slightly to cut .14 gauge guitar strings, which was the purpose for which I bought them. We'll see how they perform in future, but it's not looking good after trying to use them for the first time.
on 29 September 2015
I bought these side cutters for making wire traces for Pike fishing. The trace wire that I use is quite fine and the cutters struggle to make a clean cut if you go too far down the cutting edge. But close to the top they cut easily. I'm sure it would cut thicker wire more easily.
on 24 September 2014
As with all hand tools, you get what you pay for and these are no exception. They are perfectly good for some home DIY but probably not going to stand the test of time and not that sharp either. I bought these as a cheap pair of cutters to keep in a outdoors hobby toolbox rather than buy a second expensive pair of cutters from somewhere like RS, and they do the job OK.
on 16 August 2015
Bought these as replacements for a cheap and cheerful bargain store set - used to cut 'Nickel-Chrome 0.45mm' scientific wire (so quite thin) - went for 'Draper' as we already have a selection of their tools and have never been disappointed.....until now ! Am afraid these aren't as comfy or 'chunky' to hold and will really only cut one length wire at a time and not the bundle of 5 or 10 we need to cut (hardly excessive). Seems to squash the wire rather than make a clean cut too. Will be confining these to the shed for cutting plant ties and wire and looking for another set locally........