on 4 March 2012
Not what I would call a Spindle Moulder more of a router table with built in vertical height adjuster (useful but noy a spindle moulder)If any reader purchases one of these that you mau need to make some unexpected adjustments. The unit is supplied as a single unit with the table ends and gaurd fence seperate. I however found once assembled that the drive motor spindle did not line-up with the center of the hole in the table and it was not totally vertical. Stripped down re-assembled, reclamped now O/K.
on 18 February 2013
Took me a couple of hours to put together. The instructions might as well have been in French for all the good they did me. Draper really need to take a look at their supporting instructions. It was quite often guess work as to what bolt fitted where plus some diagrams are wrong or the detail so small or poorly presented it made things very difficult to follow. There are still things on the unit that I don't understand, such as what is the plastic dial knob for that's found above the router bit height adjustment hand wheel? Does it lock the router bit in place or something else? There's nothing in the instructions that shows it or mentions it. Any ideas Draper or anyone else? Considering that Draper appear to have such a good reputation I'm surprised they let themselves down in this way especially as the unit looks like it's going to do a good job.

It's less than two years since I bought this item and I've pretty much given up on it. Each time I used it I tried in vain to get accurate passes using various router bits without much success. I thought it was 'operator error' for quite a while. screws have fallen out from somewhere around the motor assembly and it's proved impossible to align both faces of the adjustable rear fence to make a single straight surface along which you pass your wood. No matter how I position both parts of the face they do not align. It got to the point where I had to make my own straight face and clamp it to the supplied one.

I'm considering buying another table router/spindle moulder and it will not be a Draper.
on 8 February 2013
I ordered this tool which is in fact more like a router table than a spindle moulder in order to free up my router for freehand use.
It arrived with no parts list and very poor assembly instructions.
When I finally had it assembled; I switched it on only to find that the collets provided were of such poor quality that the machine vibrated violently and started to "walk across" my work bench. Also the side extensions could be pushed down very easily despite the fixing bolts being well tightened. The groove for the fence and guides was out of alignment between the cast table top end the extensions, the motor was loose in its guides so precise work would not have been possible.
I did not attempt to use the machine as I was concerned that something might break causing injury.
Amazon tok the machine back and provided a full refund, I have not bought another!
on 13 July 2013
I give this four stars only because of the very poor assembly instructions. The service and delivery from Amazon was first class and the product arrived earlier than expected.

With respect to the assembly it arrives with a big bag of assorted nuts and bolts as expected. The assembly instructions tell you to use a specific number nut and bolt for a specific assembly, but the problem comes in that the instructions do not specify which group of nuts and bolts are the specific specified number. Hence there is a lot of trial and error till one gets it right - thank goodness for the clear pictures on the box as they made the assembly achievable.

The machine itself has worked well so far, the extensions for the table are difficult to get level.
on 18 January 2013
assembly a bit of a pain. table extensions poor fit and frankly almost useless. however for the price it's probably . as good as they get
on 11 December 2011