on 1 February 2017
I have owned 3 pairs of these headphones and they are very good for the price. I use them for the gym and they are excellent for running and exercising with. They have a long cord that allows me to keep my ipod in my pocket and the adjustable ear pieces mean that they fit to your ears. The sound quality is excellent and the ear pieces cancel out external noise too without falling out of giving you that feeling that something is wedged in your ear.

Now, for the downside. Sadly these headphones will only last for around 6-8 months if you used them for regular gym use, as the sweat and wear and tear usually sees one of the ear speakers go. The wiring is just not robust enough for long term durability and I have also lost a bud cover on one set, but they are so well made that the ear bud covers never really come off through general use or fall our out of your ears. If these headphones where constructed with more durable materials, they would get a 5 but at this price, they are good value for money and a must for gym or sports users.
51 people found this helpful
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 13 July 2017
I love these ear phones. I think this must be set 6 or 7 that I have had. The adjustable clip is I think a really good addition to help the headphones stay in place when running. I used to find htis the most annoying thing when running to keep pushing headphones back in, but this has stopped that.

The cord is possibly a bit long which is why 4 stars as at the gym it constantly seems to get caught up on things.

Otherwise good little piece of kit, that lasts a faily good length of time. I think I had the last pair for about 18 months...

If you found this helpful please click yes.
14 people found this helpful
on 3 July 2016
Not Exactly the Quality I'd be satisfied with.

Well, I bought these headphones for running and general use.

The headphones are comfortable to wear, not bulgy, and they stay on (i.e. not fall off).

The sound that came off them, however, is rather very terrible.

I tried them with my iPhone, iPad, and Samsung Galaxy tablet. Whatever devices I tried these with, these could honestly be described as terrible; no, very terrible; sounding headphones.

I suppose the sound quality was never expected to compare to high quality headphones given its low-end price.

Would I recommend these headphones to anyone? I guess it all depends; Yes, if you need cheap headphones that are comfortable to wear. No, if you care much about the sound quality of the headphones.

Overall, my recommendations would be perhaps you should try something else that you'd be satisfied with.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
5 people found this helpful
on 25 August 2017
I bought these headphones for use when running as i find standard earphones fall out my ears every few seconds. These dont move at all and the sound quality, for the low price, is decent. The length of the cord is plenty for me to tuck the cable under my jacket and out the bottom into my pocket. Ive had ones previously where they snag and get caught when i lift my head up due to the lack of length, then if they are too long they get caught on everything around you. This is ideal. Ive worn them for just under 2 hours without any discomfort so can be used for long duration and simple enough to pop on your ears. Only downfall is the jack connection support is a bit thinner than i would like, someone putting to much pressure on inserting or removing could easily cause damage which would cause the headset to be useless.
2 people found this helpful
on 23 April 2016
These are easily the most comfortable headphones I have ever used.

The earbuds themselves don't actually sit in your ear, the 'hoopy bit' (technical term) and the 'long arm thing' (same again) mean you can position the audio output so it doesn't put any pressure on the inside of your ear anywhere. They don't fall off, they look and feel discreet, and the sound quality isn't too bad.

I'm not a massive audiophile, so I can't speak for certain on the sound quality, but I don't have any issues using them for video, audiobook, radio, or music.

As I said above, they don't fall out, either. Because they are supported across the top of your ear, you'd actually need quite a hefty bounce to dislodge them, so they probably wouldn't suit trampolining.

Exactly what I needed, and would definitely recommend.
3 people found this helpful
on 30 March 2018
Fine for the price, these are quite large and they sit against your ear ( as opposed to being inside your ear) and are held relatively securely by the rubbery clips. They stay in place well. I like the fact that you can still hear traffic coming up behind you, people talking etc. Cord is exactly the right length. As for sound quality, well what can you expect at this price. The quality is okay but if you like a lot of bass you're going to be disappointed.
If you want to wear these in bed, you wont be able to lie on your side. They're far too chunky to be able to do this comfortably.
on 21 January 2018
The earphones work fine for audio, however:

- the fit is too large. I don't have small ears, but even at the smallest size these are too big, and I keep needing to push them back on, not helped by ...
- the hook is too flexible to grip your ear. It's so flexible, they can be twisted and return to shape. I'm not sure there's any wire at all inside of the rubber. I think this is the biggest culprit causing them to slip off all the time;
- they are size adjustable, which you pay for with increased earpiece bulk, which probably doesn't help them stay on;
+ the cable is long enough -- about a standard length. Some earphones have a shortened cable which makes it difficult to have your music player in a back pocket, but these don't have that problem.
on 10 August 2017
These are pretty adjustable & the sound is relatively decent, though I'm not hugely desperate for perfect audio quality (definitely not tinny though, like some I've tried). They're not brilliant at cancelling out external noise but that's probably expecting too much at this price. It's mainly comfort & convenience I'm after - these just about tick those boxes but a couple of hours wearing them does make one of my ears hurt. I can't wear 'buds' so these type are the only other way I can get musical portability. Not ideal but they'll do for now.
2 people found this helpful
on 17 February 2017
I got these because I have horrifyingly small ear canals - these are as close to 'in-ear' as I'll get.

They fit on my ear, they fit in my ear, they have slidey adjusters which seem to start at medium and slide to large, so if you have tiny ears I don't reckon they'll fit very tight. I think this because my ears aren't small, I reckon they're medium/large and i use the smallest setting with slack remaining.

Either way these aren't meant to mould to your ears, they're inexpensive and they sit just fine - they don't fall off when I run/row and that's what's important. The audio quality is good, not audiophile grade but satisfactory for the majority. I don't know much about audio but I'd say bass is lacking - at least compared to my squishy over-ear headphones.
on 4 April 2018
I have recently started running again and have been using regular noise-isolating earphones, which has been extremely annoying as I had to keep readjusting them every few minutes or so. After a couple of runs I decided enough was enough and it was time to buy proper running headphones. I wasn't looking for anything too fancy or expensive. These JVC Sports earphones have caught my eye as the price is so good and they seem to tick all the boxes: they are comfortable and can be adjusted to fit your ear, they stay on, the sound is great and they deem to be splash/waterproof. So far so good, I'm very pleased! Will they last? Only time will tell, but at this price I don't mind if they don't!