on 27 May 2011
Bought a pair of these for my wife to use down the gym, as her Sennheiser CX 300-II's kept falling out during her 'exertions'. She can't stop raving about them, claims they sound just as good as the Sennheiser's and work great with both her iPod and the TV sound output on the gym equipment. There's 3 choices of earbud size (S/M/L) in the box, so you're bound to find one that fits. There are literally hundreds of different types of these earphones to choose from, but it appeared that I picked well, so everyone's happy! Worth twelve quid of anyone's money, 'cos at that price, they're almost disposable!!!
on 23 March 2011
These headphones are good for the price. Don't expect the earth if you're not paying decent money for in-ear headphones. I bought these for the gym as for some reason normal headphones, in-ear or otherwise, fall out whilst I'm on the treadmill. These bad boys do the trick, as the flexible rubber over-wrap bit keeps them in place by going round your ear. They're comfortable and you don't notice the wrap bit at all, just the headphones in your ear. And having the in-ear headphones means they isolate outside noise admirably, and play your tunes straight into your eardrums. The lead is a decent length if your MP3 player is in your trouser pocket or whatever.

They do the trick for me. I would have given them 5 stars but the right rubber ear bud fell off after about 3 months use, which wasn't every day (as if I would go to the gym every day). Maybe I was being careless, but the left earbud has stayed on since, and I have simply put another earbud from another old pair of headphones on to replace the right. They come with three earbud sizes, small, medium, and large, depending on what you need.

If you're looking for excellent sound quality then maybe spend a bit more money, but these headphones will do the job for casual use and ease.
on 6 July 2016
These headphones are just as good as some of the more expensive products out there! They are lightweight and fit comfortably so no pressure on your ears when doing exercise, and no danger of them falling out when running - brilliant!

I would also add that these are superb value for money as the audio performance is good and overall the earphones look modern!
on 15 December 2015
Fantastic headphones for the price, pretty good sound isolation, very comfortable.
When I saw these I was a bit confused when it said "Women" because as far as I know men and women's ears are the exact same.
Anyway, I already owned a pair of the men's version (but I broke them) so I thought I'd try the Women's because it was £1.50 cheaper at the time.
The only difference between the male and female variants is on the back bit of the headphone (The bit that says JVC) it's all glittery and to be honest I think that's lovely, even as a man.
If I break these headphones I'll probably buy the womens ones again because they're better value and I like shiny things too.
on 3 May 2012
The good thing about these ear phones is that they do stay on my head while I'm running. The part that curves around your ear seems like it will be too big, but they don't jiggle around too much. However, the sound quality is HORRIBLE. Before I got these I had been using ear phones that I got from watching a movie on a United flight, which I assumed were not very high quality. Well, they are head and shoulders above these JVC ear phones. The sound is very tinny and jangly. Also, the cord is too long in my opinion (that's just personal preference) and is prone to tangling, and stays scrunched up. I'm keeping them because my other ear phones fall out every two or three minutes, but I will be looking for something better.
on 5 September 2011
The sound quality of these headphones is really good, however, the reason I purchased them was so that they stayed in my ears during sport. Unfortunately, the hook round the ear is too big: perhaps I have unusually small ears! They stay in well if I'm stationary, eg, on a bus. And I am using them for sport, but putting a headband over them! I don't think I would recommend them for a small eared woman!
on 24 July 2013
Brought these to replace more expensive headphones (Phillips) that had twisted and were unable to sit flat on my head, Great purchase and I think they produce a great sound. (although I'm not denying if you purchase £100 headphones you probably will get a better sound) They fit comfortably around my ear and have three different size ear buds to suit every ear. They stay secure when running and produce a great sound. Would recommend.
on 15 July 2016
This product does the job, I use them for running and they've never come off. I had a similar set of these JVC I bought two and a half years ago and when I had a look to buy the same set it was £5 more expensive than this "women" one. Well, they're exactly the same in size, the only difference is a little glitter on the head... Is that enough to label a headset according to sex? Boys, don't let yourselves being fooled by these marketing people trying to make you buy the more expensive set. Is that no misleading publicity? Isn't that illegal? I don't know, but I think someone should look into that.
David
on 29 December 2012
I've used these for a few months now and have had enough of them. The hook part is relatively comfortable, but I find the fit of the inner piece isn't good enough for much sound to filter through, and was constantly dislodging while running or even moving my jaw, distorting the sound. Add to that the sound is equivalent to a much cheaper pair anyway and you'll see my disappointment. Will only keep these as an emergency pair and wish I had not spent money on these. Would recommend Philips SHQ1000 as a better alternative at a lower price if you want good fit and good sound.
on 23 April 2014
These aren't the best headphones in the world, but the sound quality is reasonable for the price, and they don't fall out. Good value for money, and they last a reasonable amount of time, 6 months on average which isn't bad.

Pros:
Price
Convenience
Cons:
Quality not the best
Can be uncomfortable if used for very long time period.