on 5 December 2011
This watch looks great and was very impressed when I first opened it looked good and of good quality. However by the end of the first day it was about 10mins behind the time, I thought I have just set it wrong. So I reset the time but the same the next day. So unfortunately I had to return this watch, not sure if this is a one off as there no stock was left.
Amazons returns process exceled itself again (only the second time I had to use it). It was so simple print off the returns label and post then a couple of days later the money was refunded.
33 Comments| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 27 May 2012
Despite the poor reviews of Breytenbach, I figured I could take a chance with Amazon's returns policy.

Anyhow, after 24 hours the watch is still telling the correct time :)

Likes -

Nice clear dial and numerals, not 'bling'
Comfortable strap
Sensible size on the wrist
Easy to set the day\date\time
In strong light the hands have a 'blued' metal sheen.

Dislikes

The second hand isn't aligned to the dial marks, so each tick is 'between' the marks
on 17 February 2013
Hi, Is there a way to contact the manufacturer or seller of this watch? I purchased this watch about 6 months ago and may have used about 10 times, I have a few watches and I keep changing them, as this was a bit 'light' I didn't wear it often. Anyway, recently I noticed that the needle on the 'days' option is broken :( it is so disappointing, because I have never given a negative feedback on Amazon, I wish I could return it in, but as i don't have the original packing, I don't know if I will be compensated for this. I am definitely not going to purchase anymore Breytenbech watches anymore, this I can guarantee.
on 7 June 2012
Editing my review because after 6 months of use the watch stopped telling the time. It is such a shame because it is such a gorgeous watch but the main purpose for it is it tells the time and it doesn't. Please avoid this at all costs!
on 27 June 2012
I loved this watch, everything about it was perfect, it was so easy to read, so easy to wear. Instead of changing watches every other day as I do normally I wore it constantly. Unfortunately it wouldn't keep time, it lost 5-10 minutes every day, accelerating towards the end and the day indicator went awry. I had to return it and amazon's return policy has, yet again, been exemplary. But I miss it! I've looked through Breytenbach's range and they don't have any thing like it, (I'm presuming it was the Japanese movement that was at fault).If only, if only, if only they offered it with a decent auto movement it might be the perfect watch. (I'd like one with a solid gold case and an alarm as well, if you're listening Mr. Breytenbach).
on 11 July 2012
Looks good, feels good, but unfortunately it wouldn't keep time, it lost 10-15 minutes every day, accelerating towards the end and the day indicator went awry.
on 7 July 2012
Looks good, feels good, but out of the blue the day hand decided to misalign and swing to the bottom of the dial. Absolutely bad quality - no resilience for office wear. Terrible. Will be asking amazon for a refund.
on 18 February 2014
This watch is terrible. It does not keep time. It can loose up to 10 minutes a day. I have had less expensive watches that have never lost any time. It's a shame because it looks quite nice but that is quite pointless if it cannot tell the time accurately. I would suggest you are best not to buy this watch.