Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

on 17 January 2012
Used this printer and these Samsung replacement cartridges for about 18 months, and am entirely satisfied. I need reliable high-quality B&W printing for my professional work, and prefer to pay the bit extra for the genuine refills. (Probably the compatible ones are fine, but can't risk being held up with my work by a faulty unit.)
Also pleased to see that Samsung offer a free return service for the empty unit, rather than just dumping it in landfill. You simply put the old one in the cardboard box, and print out a return pre-paid Royal Mail label from the Samsung website.

EDIT, JUNE 2015 - Please see my later posting....Samsung no longer offer a recycling service for the average user. So reduced rating from 5* to 3*.
on 23 September 2011
Top spec. laser toner cartridge fully explained in the product data. Some sell the half filled version but this is the full spec version.
on 15 April 2011
Cheapest price I could find this ink.
Speedy delivery and easy ordering what more can you ask for. Well Done Amazon again.
VINE VOICEon 23 May 2011
What can I say about this - it's a toner cartridge. I bought it as a spare for when my current cartridge runs out (the half-full one you get with a new printer). I assume it will do what it says on the box, being a proper branded Samsung product and not a cheap copy. As with nearly all toner and printer consumables, it is annoyingly expensive, partly as the manufacturers don't seem to have grasped the concept of recycling yet and it just feels wrong to be throwing these in the bin when they run out.

Anyway, this was one of the most reasonable prices I found for this particular cartridge so I guess I'd recommend it to anyone who needs this type of cartridge.
on 10 August 2014
Red warning light on printer when this cartridge is inserted which will not go away. Printer will not print when this item is inserted. Old cartridge (original Samsung item) works fine when re-inserted, this one does not. Conclude it is defective. Also, it is slightly different in design of casing and has no manufacturer's part number stamped on it like the original. It is also stiffer to insert than original, all of which makes me wonder if it's a fake. I have contacted the seller to return item for a refund, will see what they say. An expensive waste of money for me and now limping along on an almost empty old cartridge with lots of printing needing done for my work. Not good enough.
on 24 August 2011
The cartridge was delivered quickly and in good condition. Thanks! But I am upset with my printer. This is a cheap printer that requires expensive cartridges! Not a good deal...
on 1 July 2013
The product was not compatible with my printer (contrary to the information that I received from another source that it would be). When I tried to return the item, the service from the seller was appauling in that they have tried to deny my right to return it.
on 11 January 2012
...As anyone will know if trying the comparable products out there. Yes it is expensive (otherwise 5 stars) but it does the job. I would recommend it.
on 5 September 2011
This replacement cartridge is well designed: it's really easy to fit and gives an excellent quality of print. Highly recommended.
on 19 November 2013
This arrived very quickly. I fitted it into the printer easily and away it went perfectly, all for a reasonable £39. So far I have only printed about half-a-dozen pages and have no intention of counting to see if I get to 1500. As it is, I am totally satisfied. I'll give it five!

See one answered question