on 4 October 2014
Reading some 1star reviews I was compelled to add my review...of course you hated it...that would be the guilt.
Tough, to the point ...if you eat this stuff you won't be healthy!
Have lost 2 stone in 9 months btw. It does work.
on 4 February 2008
A con. The last page of the book says: "P.S. Wait! We have a confession to make. We really couldn't care about being skinny ... our real hope is for you to beocme healthy". This is NOT a diet book. This is a book on how to become a vegan. They suggest substituting meat, fish, cheese etc with manufactured synthetic products, e.g. "faux tuna". This is not healthy or good for you. These two girls are on a mission to convert everyone to being a vegan, which is fine, but their title and review of the book is seriously misleading. There are no recipes, just meal suggestions, which include: club sandwich with fake bacon, fake turkey slices and fake mayo. Unless you want to be a vegan, this is not the book for you.
on 3 March 2016
Excellent product, good value for money.
on 7 December 2011
This book is utter crap. It starts well enough with some really god common sense about eating a natural diet and slowly descends into a rant about US farming practice. I'm positive that much of what they say is true but I have issues with two things. The first is that they recommend not eating processed food and then proceed to recommend a steady stream of unnatural vegan processed crap. How do any processed foods differ??? The second is that their use of statistics is so skewed to suit their message - there are chapters devoted to the evils of meat but one sentence on the problems with Soya and we are essentially told that it is probably fine and to make our own mind up!

also, this book is particularly American - the foods in it are American, as are the food practices. This can make it a really tedious read for anyone not British.

All in all this is a terrible book that should be re-named "How to be a Skinny Vegan Bitch". If you want to eat meat or dairy don't waste your money on this book.
on 16 November 2013
I've read many a diet book/self help book but the title of this one really caught me. I'm thinking "Ooo how daring "Skinny Bitch" when all it really was .....was rude. Honest yes, but a little harsh and not an approach that will work for all. Get used to being referred to as a 'fat ass' or a 'slob' or other such terms. This book is written by two VEGAN ex models. Why is this important? Because, on reflection, you realise a lot of this book screamed "BUY VEGAN PRODUCE". There are multiple sections about eating nuts and such, but a lot is telling you that you don't need dairy or meat. If this had come from two people who ate small/moderate amounts of dairy and meat who argued "you don't need it in your diet" - I'd possibly more convinced BUT all they say is "Become a vegan and get skinny".

I think this book ignores a lot of important things. Such as life. Such as exercise. Ladies, everything in moderation. If you want to eat that slice of cake then you are going to have to do a few laps round the block later? Compromise. I read this book and thought "I'd rather be fat and happy than skinny and living off air".

However, despite its appalling writing style it does inform readers of some REALLY important issues with our food. Pesticides in our meat? Horse in our beef? Aspartame that the FDA didn't really approve, they kinda just gave in! And there is a horrific section on how inhumanely animals at the slaughter are treated.

How would I rate this? For the cheapest price it's at then I guess it's worth a read and won't look too bad on the bookshelf. Do I think Victoria Beckham ever read this and made it her bible? No, she's too smart. I wouldn't recommend this book (especially not to someone with low self esteem!!) or read any of the others.
on 22 July 2014
Great item, speedy posting, very happy
on 28 July 2016
Recommend to read this to everyone
on 3 July 2008
Loved it! An eye-opener and well written book, humoristic and intersting. Also, when following what is written, it makes you feel pure and happy with yourself:)
on 24 September 2014
Funny and sometimes hard going but shines a light on the hidden atrocities of the meat and dairy industries. Read it only if you never want to eat meat again!!
on 26 October 2007
I got caught up in the hype of this book and thought it would be a book that would motivate me and inspire me to change my life style however it left me feeling dissapointed.I am not a prude however I found there really was no need for some of the use of swearing in the book. I found the authors used this book as a way of bulling the readers into becoming Vegans by trying to make you feel guilty about eating animal products. Its typical exaggerated american trash to be frank and I don't believe the stats quoted to be true.I do however believe there are a few good tips in this book and Yes you will get skinny if you follow this book to the word you will also be very miserable. No Alcohol-chocolate-meat-dairy-coffee = No life