on 13 January 2018
If it's a classic why change the whole concept? This version, unlike the original which at a glance it looks just like, is battery operated and the sounds are electronic. The pick-up head and the wind-up mechanism are fakes. Definitely not the classic Fisher Price record player.
on 16 June 2017
I bought this for my grandson's first birthday. Unfortunately after playing it for him a few times it has stopped working. Tried changing the batteries to no avail. So unfortunately it was a really bad buy. My girls had one of the first ones produced in the early 80s and it was played with for many many years. How sad the quality has deteriorated. I doubt I can return it now as my daughter has thrown out the box it came in. C'est la vie.
on 14 March 2017
Looks exactly like the original but that's it!
This toy needs batteries, you also need to wind it up, and for some reason the melodies last less than 1 minute.
I can't understand why it was changed if the old one was perfect.
on 20 November 2014
A present for my three year old, but my older children enjoy playing with it also! Sounds just like I remember. Very pleased.
on 23 October 2016
Bought this as a birthday present for a 1 year old. I love a bit of vintage Fisher Price, and this went down so well. They loved the gift and little girl can play with it as she grows up!

I've got another 1 year old birthday in a couple of months guess who will be getting the same!
on 12 May 2017
Blast from the past - had one for my children all those years ago - now have one for little grandson!! As well made as ever - takes a bit of a hammering from him at times, but seems to withstand any amount of bashing!! Worth every penny!
on 5 January 2018
this was something brought for a christmas present for my grand daugther and was turely wonderful for about 10 minutes and then it broke it was very very sad what can we do now
on 9 January 2018
Had one of these for my daughter when she was 3 now 38 and I got this for her 2 year old granddaughter ( my great granddaughter ) she loves it so well made.
on 1 April 2017
Got this for our son and again for our niece. Initially got due to my nostalgia but I still love it.
on 6 April 2017
The top yellow slide button is just for decor which used to pause the record in the original which is a shame- would it have taken that much more to have made it work? Other than that it was how I remembered.