on 29 May 2017
I was so disappointed to find that the end credits track is not included in the CD. After track 11 Corynorhinus (Which plays during the rebuilding of the Wayne manor and Batman meeting Gordon on the rooftop) you truly miss the end credits theme that blends so well together when you remember the movie. There has not been any 2 CD expanded release so far and frankly we may never see all the tracks together so just be warned about what is missing here.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 7 April 2006
This is a fantastic compilation of the original score; the film itself is great, the soundtrack is even better !

When I watched the film I couldn't help being taken in by the accompanying music and it didn't take long to also recognise the composing influence of Hans Zimmer. I thought his OST for the film 'Gladiator' was excellent, this is perhaps superior.

The quality of the emotion and power in the music can be appreciated from the tracks 'Myotis', 'Barbastella' and 'Nycteris'; but the track 'Molossus' is the pinnacle of the collection and is quite simply mind-blowing (it is used in the first Batmobile chase scene and is very much background music so is easily missed !).

The brass and percussion sections contribute greatly to make some truly exhilarating pieces. I also think some of the instrumental tones generated are unique; the contribution of the electric cello being the best example.
on 31 July 2012
I had The Dark Knight soundtrack for a long time and did not want antoher Hans Zimmer Batman album, but bought this finally along with Dark Knight Rises soundtrack. Now I am glad I did, as all three as so different enough listen to and enjoy. Out of all of them, this is the one I have listen to the most. It has the punch and and also the softness, but not so much energy as the second one, which was more frenetic. If you are thinking about getting this album, better get it now as it's a real hard find now as it's getting old. But it is a very good listen to never mind it being a Batman film track.
on 20 February 2018
When I see Hans Zimmer has written the score for any film I know I’m going to in for a fantastic movie experience. This comes at no other, a fantastic movie accompanied by and equally outstanding soundtrack. Well done Mr Zimmer
on 21 September 2016
The beginning of Hans Zimmers dark period , and it just gets better , don't understand why this isn't on itunes .
Get it while you can.
Molosus ( track 10 is my favourite )
on 25 February 2018
Bought as a gift!!
on 23 October 2016
underestimated album....like dark night there is also excellent job here...
on 12 January 2017
On time and what I wanted
on 6 November 2016
Hans Zimmer makes this movie real, with his great soundtrack.
on 14 January 2017