on 11 September 2011
The quality of the picture is excellent, and the wi-fi capability is very easy to use. It has transformed the way I use the internet to view video content (certainly Youtube and iPlayer). The price was very good.
on 26 March 2011
The blu-ray player was what we were looking for. The looks are excellent slim line and simple. The loading of the disk is a little slower than would like but for the price its really good overall. We had a problem with are first one it didnt read the disk but our new one arrived within 5 days of reporting it to amazon, excellent service. I love the look it give s against our Samsung TV. Previous reviews on this product recommended buying a HDMI cable for setup, this is great advice as its up and running straight away.
on 19 April 2011
I bought this item because of other peoples reviews and was very glad I made this decision. It is a very slick looking console with a nice blue light on top and touch screen style buttons on the front. The sound and picture quality are the best I've seen for a long time and will be even better when I buy a Samsung HD tv in few weeks time. Even the remote control has glow in the dark buttons and is very easy to use. I would recommend this product.
on 1 October 2010
I have had this Blu ray for a few weeks and the ease of use is amazing even for me. The Wifi connects to your PC so file sharing of photos and music through the hub is easy. Utube and many apps are downloadable for free. The Blu ray player is quick to load, and the HD quality is first class on my Samsung 37in 1080. I am very pleased, watched 5 Blu ray DVD's all no problems much improved quality picture and sound. Highly recommend
on 25 May 2011
The main feature that attracted me to this player, after assessing it's competitors, was the built in Wifi capability, and of course Samsung's sterling reputation and excellent price helped too.

Unfortunately my worst fears were realised with the wifi - unless you have the latest and greatest router, and operate on an open network your chances of getting it connected with a trouble free set up are zero.

I use a G router with a password, and was not prepared to buy a new one. I shouldn't have to. There is no warning in the product description so here I am giving you the heads up.

Usually I'm able to find a solution to these sorts of problems on troubleshooting websites etc, except there isn't one. The only solution is to send it back and buy something else. There are IT professionals and tech geeks galore left scratching their heads with this one. And as for Samsung technical support, forget it!

My new Sony BDP S670 arrived today and it's perfect - no problems whatsoever - does exactly what it says on the tin. Took 2 minutes to set up, and as an added bonus it has loads more streaming features and 3D capability if ever I upgrade to a 3D tv. For the extra £30 trust me it's worth it!

On the plus side, Amazon's customer service was excellent and I am happy to continue using them. A pleasure to do business with.
on 25 December 2012
Tolerated this DVD player for 2 years now and I am now in the market for something much better. I got this purely to run blu-rays, which it does, and not interested in running any of the other applications. I've never been able to get it connected to my router wirelessly but finally did manage to get it connected to the internet by plugging a 15metre cable into it from the router! The old methods of a basic cable always work don't they?
My main issues with this player is that it takes a long time to actually play a DVD from when you turn the power on. It also does not always play a DVD from where you left it, so you have to go to the scenes menu and laboriously go through to the scene you were on. I did upgrade the firmware so this problem is not as common as it was but it is bloody annoying when it does happen!
It's just too damn slow on the whole and sometimes noisy. Time to get rid. Shame because it was quite pricey.
on 12 September 2010
The first one had to be returned to Amazon as it wouldn't connect to the TV (a Samsung full-HD TV) via an HDMI cable. A replacement was sent out quickly by Amazon and it immediately connected to the TV. However, I am now having problems connecting wirelessly to the internet. It only seems to want to connect if I turn off the router's firewall - which is not a good idea. I had wanted the wireless internet option so that updates for the player could be done without having to download to a memory stick. I was also looking forward to using the advertised BBCiPlayer application, but it appears that this isn't available yet (and there are no dates given for when it will become available. As a BluRay player it loads very quickly and provides the high quality picture you would expect. Perhaps I was expecting too much of internet tv at this time in its infancy.
on 8 March 2011
Picked an ex-display model up dirt cheap, but the reason I was looking at this range was the touted BBC iPlayer.

Still not there.

---

Software update just came in half an hour ago, with iPlayer. Excellent.
on 6 May 2012
This is a great 3D Bluray player. Have had it over a year now. Set up is a doddle, picture quality is superb. If you connect to a samsung TV then you can use one remote for both. Upscaling is really good on standard DVD's and quality of 3d disks is just amazing (on my samsung tv anyway!). Over the past year its only frozen on one disc once, switching off and on sorted that. The only thing that bugs me with this player is the touch technology on the buttons. Sometimes you can touch and touch and touch and nothing happens. Maybe Im just too heavy handed. Overall, a great buy and excellent player.
on 9 September 2010
This blu-ray player is great. At first it was easy to connect using a HDMI cable and great wireless connection to the internet. Then after an update via the internet the player would not reconise the HDMi cable so we had to disconnect it and start again using the AV cable. Samsung customer service is rubbish, they keep you waiting for about half an hour just to tell you they will call back tomorrow but nobody does. Although we have had problems,the picture quality is great and the internet tv is also good. It will be even better when the Lovefilm app is live.