on 8 September 2015
2 years later and they're still in perfect order! Thee best headphones I've Brought ever! No exaggeration

I'm still using the same cables that came with the headphones, both are still in perfect working order. (the mic is still working too)

Build quality... I used to go staking with these on (on my little cruiser, skating around town) and they've taken a few knocks... I'm not going to lie, the actual ear cups separate from the headband, but they just pop back into place.
I go cycling with them on, and they've survived many rainy days and still I can't fault the clarity they still give!

As for comfort and fit... I have a medium sized head and I have the band on the smallest setting (the headband adjustment clicks still hold them in place, no sign of wear). The memory foam hasn't started to sag at all. The around ear cushion are still... Cushioning haha

V-moda > dre beats any day

2 years of wear and tear, and in my opinion, they've aged very nicely :)

Photos to give you an idea of size and build quality :)
review imagereview imagereview image
I you enjoy live gigs as much as recorded music you may find that the V-Moda Crossfade LP headphones are just right for you. The LP stands for Live Play and if you find your recorded music collection sounds a bit flat after being at a live gig then the sound balance of these headphones can help redress the balance. The LP model is far from being a neutral studio reference headphone but packs an awesome audio punch that will make you wonder why your ribcage isn't vibrating along with the bass!

Now, although I'm not a huge fan of the bass you can get from some celebrity-endorsed headphones I find the bass from the V-Moda LP is extended rather than boomy and can hit low frequencies that other headphones struggle with. The whole balance of the sound is like being next to the PA stack when your favourite band is playing live. I listen via headphones quite a lot and although I wouldn't use the V-Moda LP all the time, when I'm in the mood for a bit of extra excitement in my listening they are my first choice.

As well as their distinctive sound they are as tough a set of headphones as you are likely to encounter. They come with a solid protective case, two connecting cables - Apple and others - a 1/4" jack adapter and even a cleaning cloth! Tough, very stylish and with a unique sound signature I would recommend the V-Moda very highly to fans of live music - I love them!
on 31 December 2014
Having used V-Moda headphones for around 4 years now, including the Crossfade LPs here, Crossfade LP2 and M-100s - I can only say that these are simply the best headphones available on the market today, even though relatively uncommon and classed as "designer headphones".

It's virtually impossible to find a fault with sound quality once the drivers are worn in (this process can take a few weeks if a light listener), especially if you're a bass head. For people that don't like too much bass, the headphones still provide great quality sound, particularly at the lower volumes, and the bass frequency may only be registered as slightly higher than usual. You do expect this from a good quality of headphones like this with such large drivers built almost specifically for boosting bass whilst not sounding artificial.

I think one of the best understated, and non-intentional features of these headphones is the ability to isolate background noise. It's not active, it's not passive - they're not even meant to do it. However, the seal that the headphones provide around the ears along with the high quality frame and subsequently tight fit do provide a quite nice level of isolation.

Sound leakage is minimal, but please note that they do have the "V Vents" on the side which leak a tiny bit of noise. The headphones are of course capable of playing extremely loud, almost like speakers with an amp without losing quality, at which point they would obviously leak noise like anything else.

The build quality of the headphones is impeccable with one downside only. At the tips of the headband is a plastic inner cover which *will* crack over time on the LPs. I have witnessed this in all 6 Crossfade LP headsets that I and others have used and it is simply caused by the repetitive stress placed on the ends of the band when you place them onto your head. I'm not sure why V-Moda haven't fixed this, but they do have their "Immortal Life" program if you feel you need a replacement at any time.

The headphones come with 2 cables (one with a single-button mic), a carry case, and a caribiner clip to carry on your belt, though the case is pretty chunky so not really that useful.

I can highly recommend these headphones, and if you're willing to spend a little more money for more features (such as folding into a smaller case, headphone chaining (it has an input/output on either side) and more refined soundspace) I would also highly recommend the M-100s.
on 24 March 2015
Brilliant headphones, I have had these for well over a year now and they are still my main set of headphones. I use them for PC gaming and for portable HI-FI.

The foam cups are the most comfortable I have ever found on a set of headphones and they clamp over your ears nicely to isolate the sound.

The drivers are VERY powerful, I use an external portable DAC and amplifier with my ipod on them and the volume these things can go to and the bass they put out is insane. I can actually take them off crank up the external amp and use them as speakers they are that loud and clear.

Anyhow, the listening experience especially with a decent DAC is fantastic, at first the sound a bit muffled with very heavy bass and supressed mids and highs, but after 100 or so hours and loosening them up they just sound better every time.

If you are into your bass heavy music these are a must, I tried them without my external DAC and AMP and even on a standard IPOD the bass reproduction was very nice.

I listen to all types of music and these can produce a clear, soothing sound or a thumping club like sound whenever you want.

They look very smart too, especially with the polished plates on the ear cups. They aren't too heavy either although they do clamp on your head tightly. Sometimes after extended gaming sessions they can make the top of my head ache a bit.

Build quality is great, all metal frame with thick plastic shell, although a very small corner since the 1000's of hrs use has chipped off of the case just near the metal mount for the ear cup.

Very smart, brilliant sounding high quality headphones, a must for any bass head or gamer.
on 28 September 2014
After buying these I read a few other reviews on other sites and they weren't all as positive as I expected. Most were on audiophile sites though and I suspect that the standards expected by those carrying out the test are ridiculously high!

Since receiving mine I have enjoyed numerous hours listening to very varied music and I can honestly say that I'm over the moon with them. The bass is nice and deep without distortion at volume, mids are clear and not muddied by the bass at all and the highs are crisp and clear.

I have had numerous sets of high quality headphones from the likes of Sennheiser and Pioneer and these are easily comparable. Overall a fantastic pair of good quality headphones, very comfortable and feel built to last.
on 21 October 2016
Great sound but headphones fall apart after heavy usage. Ear muffs are not leather so flake off and stick to your ears...I used a lot but not outside and now it's falling apart all over even the cable too which is supposed to be Kevlar. The plastic wire has bent through the Kevlar and now it's a hoop of plastic wire outside the Kevlar at numerous points. Sounds good, but wouldn't buy again as have to buy different ones now.
on 9 February 2015
Really awesome pair of headphones- great sound quality and look good too! Nice long cables so no movement limitations. Minimal (and I really mean minimal) sound leakage during playback.
My only issue is the angular headphone jack on the cables. For some reason it doesn't quite fit all the way in to my Samsung Galaxy S3 and I only get sound from one ear when this happens. This means I can't use my inline headset cable with my phone as it doesn't work if you plug the lead in the other way around. It's a shame, but only a minor issue when compared with the greatness that is these headphones.
on 5 March 2014
The packaging presentation of the headphone is amazing to say the least. It looks posh and solid!. Now wear this beast and you are easily emmersed in your private world of bass thumping music. No need to crank up the vol on this one, it's already done for you. I have compared this with the Beat Studio and can't tell the difference apart for what I paid for it. On the DJ scene, I wore this for 4hrs and no strain on my ears. It's not bulky nor is it heavy. Surely something must be wrong as it can't be 100% excellent, well give me sometime and I will let you know. If this disappoints, I will be back here in a hurry.
on 27 September 2014
Very well made. quite flat against your head so they don't make you look like a cyberman.
Perhaps a little too much bottom end, but that's what the kids want eh? Can be rectified with eq.
The case is very useful and solid enough to take knocks.
Replaceable cable is something all headphones should come with as these do and is in my opinion essential. The headphone jack that goes into the phone is set at a 45 deg angle thereby reducing wear which is genius, i had two throw away two pairs of sennheiser because the cable wore out at that point.
Anyway 4 out of 5 - not maximum as i think the sound, while very good, could be improved upon. I listen to a lot of vintage 'analogue' music and it doesnt translate as well on these cans as recent heavily compressed songs do.
on 23 August 2015
I love these. Well built, stylish and comfotable to wear for a long time. The lead provided is separate, not moulded into the headphones and has straight and angled ends. A well made zip up case is included to keep your headphones protected. Good frequency response with plenty of low end, too much maybe for some. I use these for everyday listening and recording studio mixdowns.